Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More belated updates

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Well this is like the second part of the belated updates which I wrote at Bangkok Airport. Here it goes...

"Tuesday August 7 2007 1.11am (Japan Time)

Reached Bangkok International Airport, the plane landing was perfect. Didn’t really felt the usual jerky and hard landing. It suppose to be an 1 hour transit as written on the itinerary but as soon as I got outta the plane, the other passengers were like rushing to some place where gold or cash were to be given out. Well, being so much a Singaporean, my “Kiasu” instincts kicked in so I followed suit like the others…

With my trusted Blackhawk 3 Day Assault backpack (Digital Camo) with my precious Macbook inside strapped to my back, my other love, my sweet black Crumpler Complete Seed (Black) swung across my front torso and my Military-Spec Altama Desert Tan boots wrapping my feet, I literally “floated” across the airport to a counter labeled “International Transit”.

Got the second ticket (You’d need 2 tixs…1 to the port of transit and the other to depart from it) printed with the seat and carrier info and the sweet receptionist told me the carrier was already on boarding status. SWEET! And so like a mad rush during lunch our rush at Shenton way but now it’s like 1 am (Japan Time) in Bangkok, I fluttered to catch my flight to Japan.

So I made it to the carrier TG642 (777-200) and got a window seat 39K. Now the plane was just packed…with lotsa Japanese passengers head back home. Here I took a shot of the airport while I am still regaining my breath from the “fast march” from army days…ha what an ironic trigger for unpleasant memories!

And so sandwich between me and another Japanese lady was an empty seat. And so I was penning these lines so fast where I caught her stealing glances at what Sanskrit I was writing…ha! Okay it seems like the lights will go out soon for take off so I had better wrapped up this article soon…Whoooooo in another couple of hours more I’d be in Japan, living the dreams that I’d always wanted. Too bad I didn’t get to get hold of Yumi Chan as we had agreed earlier to meet for breakfast in Narita. *sigh* But rite now I am really looking forward to dawn…Gdnite"

No comments: