Friday, August 17, 2007

Meet the Mayor...TV crews...?!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Alrite so yesterday I was dressed in a full suit with black tie and leather shoes, and along with Grant and another American teacher, Eric, we went to see the mayor of Saku city. There were TV crews there and we were told that there will be a broadcast of a short introduction of ourselves over the city. My GOD, what have I just landed myself into was a question that`s constantly spinning in my head. I mean I am no celebrity and with this kind of publicity, it`s scary and it`s always been my style to stay away from the media`s limelight. I do not mind being the center of attention among my friends or their friends but MEDIA???? That`s not very healthy...haha

But...the G2000 "Power" suit that I wore, kinda kept me flying and giving me the confidence I badly needed to deal with the TV crew. The Mayor was a pretty nice chap...heard he`s been running the office for 18 years, growing a small place to a vibrant city now. And with my much limited Japanese, I could understand his words. He felt regretful that he did not put much attention to English when he was younger and now that this paps is like 60+ he understood the importance of English and that`s why he wanted to get more English teachers and make sure the younger generation pay more attention to it.

After that, met up with some members of the Education system and a retired Principal, advisor and now mentor of some English education system. He`s funny but with his rather awkward English, we had a hell of a time.

Went for lunch at a 200 year old soba restaurant nearby my place in Komoro-Shi and had cold tempura soba (will get the pics up soon). It`s REALLY REALLY GOOD and really living it up to it`s 200 years history.

In the late afternoon when the sun is not too hot, went with Grant to check out this snowboarding shop nearby. Too bad the winter gear were not in yet as it`s still summer now. Will probably go get a Burton winter gear soon...and proably get set to try out SNOWBOARDING!

Yep that`s it for yesterday updates...adios peeps!

4 comments:

Unmasked said...

Pretty soon you'll get used to the limelight, and become a media whore! Just like how I became an advertising suit and now I'm happily prostituting my mind and creativity to the highest bidder. hhahaha...

Waiting for those pics! And u better record the tv interview and vlog (video blog) it!

If I go over this December, will I be in time to snowboard?

Unknown said...

Oh man... I really wish that i've graduated from uni and is preparing to join u now. Hahas. Can't wait to see those pics too. So i bet u're rally having fun in japan. Argx... Wish I had the money to go Japan too. Hahas. Oh. I just registered for JLPT 4 too. Slowly working towards JAPAN!!!!

小郎 said...

Law---> Brother brother brother, my dear brother...hell yeah the snow will all be here for you to snowboard...you could crash at my place for FREE. But the thing is that I will be only available on weekends so I really dunno noe what u r gonna do when I am not around...

Unless you dont mind going sight seeing alone, you`d better bring along another person...Desiree would be fine though :p

Eileen---> My dear sister EILEENNNNNN! I will wait for you...so take your time or if you want, take you uni here in Japan...It would be a lot easier and faster and a lot more FUN!

-=kiwi=- said...

Hey maybe u can try this media site to upload ur photos to

http://www.mediafire.com/