Saturday, August 11, 2007

Belated updates...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Though I am already in Japan, and it`s a little like week late, here`s the stuffs I wrote while on the plane. Had to type them out as I wrote them on paper and get the photos resized and then transfer them via a memory stick to another comp which have access to the net. Here they are...enjoy

Monday 6th August 2007 8.38pm (Singapore Time)

On board flight TG410 bound for Bangkok, a transit en route from Singapore to Japan. A little nervous but nonetheless excited and a little shaken that I’m actually taking the flight alone. Seems like I do enjoy a little company time to time be it friends or family though there’s more freedom and fun with the former. Have traveled to many places spanning across the globe but this is like the second time that I’m actually taking the flight alone. This time round it’s a little different as I am going to a whole new place foreign to me.



Looking out the little window from the cabin, streams of thoughts seems to pour in edging each other for my attention. However the cognitive battles seems rather futile as all I can see is my own reflection at 50% opacity amidst a series of other aircrafts line up beside the window. The path that I’ve chosen seems to be vague and ridden with uncertainty and yet I felt that I should go forth and seek the end.




Since the official confirmation of my job in Japan, I’ve been “battling” the authenticity of realism and the fusion of doubts and blanks that seem endless. Time and again Desiree’s photos of her days of training in Japan under JAL seems to cajole me on each time I lose my directions in the “battles” and these memories like being etched on stone seems to withstand any elements without the slightest signs of corrosion. Strange though…everything about her never seems to go away. (Dun get me wrong Des…it’s a good thing)





Penning these lines, I paused to listen to the inflight announcement about the duration to Bangkok, which is like about 2 hours. Once again, I gazed out through the little hollow oval beside my 63A seat. The calmness and the silence of the nite seems to suppress my anxiety and the dim orange lights, as usual seems to illuminate the beauty of everything. Well I had a fad for orange street lamps on moonless and silent nites, where they produce a sweet gold streak, silhouetting peoples’ faces and everyone just look sOoOooOoOoo beautiful. Yeah the sight outside the plane…it eases my soul and all the uncertainties just faded away and I really felt reluctant to question my own decisions and actions further. And then the turbines begin to roar the vibrations below the cabin seems to remind me of the scene a while ago where my friends and my family stood there helplessly, watching me walk away from them. No it ain’t a good feeling as I would like to share the joy with them too.



Thanks everyone…mum and dad, grandma, Eileen, Ben (Kiwi), Xandra ( oh yeah thanks for the present and tell Cyrus I miss him so GOD DAMN FREAKIN MUCH and give him a hug for me), Roystan, Angela, Val and Caron ( u’ve got potential to be in the showbiz girl…nice meeting you). In my wildest dreams would I’ve imagined that you people are the ones who would actually be at the airport to see me off and not my brothers whom some, I’ve known like for like ages…Really, time IS important in friendships but you guys (and gals)…hell yeah, you blew me away. Sincerity (like what Tenrikyo teaches) is the way to go. THANKS






Kinda enjoying the weekend...went to Tokyo on Friday morning to apply for my working VISA which too like only an hour. Went around Akihabara with Grant who is the other American teacher here with me to walk around. Saw a couple of Maid Cafe`s Cosplay girls but too bad they didn`t want to be photographed so no pics. Stay at Roppongi in the nite but went to party after I got to know some Japanese while getting a burger at some burger joint. Got back to the hotel at 5am which is already like Singapore 8am. Oh by the way, the sun sets here at around 5.30pm and the day breaks at 4.30am. Yep...those Japanese were nice...and so I took a little nap at 5.30am till 11pm, headed to Akihabara and got myself a Canon EOS KISS Digital X which is a 400D in Singapore with a EF-S 17-85mm IS USM lens. THAT cost me a bomb but there ain`t nothing much to do in my new place after I moved in...in like 1 week time so might as well...

Tonite, gonna meet some really cool Japanese that runs a dining and pub just in front of my place now...by the way it`s called SAMURAI. Will go on a road trip with them to the beach next morning but we`re like meeting at 2 am tonite. Sounds like a hell lot`s of fun.

Next I will try to get the pics resized and update a complete walkthrough from Narita to my place here in Nagano like I promised.

CHeers and have a great week

8 comments:

-=kiwi=- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-=kiwi=- said...

Like your photoshop of the "Welcome onboard Thai Airways" haha... but looks abit out of shape. Eh making us envy you... I'm drooling already... And theres no pics of any food yet... If there is i'll probly chew the screen...

yuansong said...

hey man ... guess u having fun there lol...all the best ...

yuansong said...

yo guess u enjoying urself there... all the best... got to work lar.. say till like bo sim go sent u haha...

小郎 said...

Song--> Yoz dun get upset...those are just random rants. I didn`t want anyone to come see me off but those bunch of people I mentioned...they just insisted on coming.

Kiwi--> Yeah the photoshop thingy was done on 600x450 but it cant really display cos I hosted it on a different site as blogger dun support animated gifs. So I had to use html tags to resize it.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love what you did with the .gif file. It cracked me up!

Oh, I miss Tenrikyo. Things will never be the same without you there! I really wanna get back with the program, dude! Looks like I'm on my own this time.

Unknown said...

You've gotta teach me how to do animation!!! Hahas. Looks like the YAKUZA's are so cool. Atashi mo mitai ne~ Hahas. Looks like u're enjoying urself there. Hahas. I'm gonna work harder for JAPAN!!! Hahas.

小郎 said...

Lawrence--> Bro...u set me up and I am flying high...but it ain`t the same without you so PLEASE work hard and come here. I will wait for you.

Eileen--> My dear sister...haha you too gotta work hard and come here. This place is AWESOME and I met like a whole bunch of really COOL, HANDSOME and fun loving JAPANESE...

Cheers