Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No more Nike Air(holes) for me...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

My beloved Nike Zoom Air deflated mysteriously last week to my utter horror! Paul Rodriguez full black suede Nike Zoom Air Low with red laces and stealthy red brand names,



No am not a skater no more and these babies are used indoors for a while. Nothing harsh like soap shoes, wheelies or anything extreme except subtle walking from point A to point B. I can't see how the perfectly intact gum rubber soles, the outer suede are all in great condition with minimal wear and tear and the Nike so called Air sole or cushion or what ever crap that is just deflate by itself. Screw Nike for this as I have lost any faith in Nike Air Crap products. They are made with pride to fail with no forms of abuse. This is a pro skate shoe by the way designed by P. Rod himself and it a fantastically gorgeous shoe to look at but don't ever wear them because they don't last very long...and they will mysteriously deflate and leave you walking with a hollow heel that hurts and generate lots of noise aka baby shoes that squeak!

This is in fact the second time a Nike Air holes had failed me so that's it for Nike Air Holes, No more lousy Air Holes for me! I really do like these shoes very much but I guessed I simply had enuff and into the bins in Japan are where these shoes are going less the bright red laces of course.

In consolation, I had opted to switch to good old gum rubber, full suede (Yes I am happy to confess that I have a suede shoe fetish) no lousy Air holes soles skate shoes that are just simple in design, simple in construction, good for the environment, durable and last a long time over Nike Air holes anytime. eS Accel which is the flagship shoe from the start till now and possibly one of the best skate shoes around. I bought 0.5 size smaller than the usual size so that when the shoe breaks in, my foot will be snuggly in place and not swim in the shoe causing a massive foot swamp! A little narrow on the inside so my little toe had almost no room. Now that they have sort of broken in a little, it fits perfectly, looks great, comfortable and not worry about deflating Air hole soles!

No comments: