Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A little Joy and I am wanted...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Somehow the eccentric morning didn't last very long before I was served with a little joy from Facebook that I do take with a lot of pride. You see I tried to shamelessly offer myself to tag along with my brother's wedding PRO photographer during discreet moments of the wedding for other wedding assignments while I was in SG. And guessed what...I succeeded and was rewarded with a volcano of over flowing experience which would have took me years to acquire.

Somehow the 1st assignment was more a a commercial shoot that I proudly tagged along and handled misc. and menial chores like logistics. This I presumed was a test of my patience, attitude and reaction to certain stimulus hurled at me unexpectedly. Though it wasn't explicitly verbal or had me signed any clause, these was all my own presumption since the chance to do such things would have never been possible for me. I took it fairly seriously and skipped lunch with the Master altogether.

The second assignment was even more significant than the first...I was actually offered the position of a second photographer to an actual day wedding photographer. The guidelines were pretty straighforward but I was left to explore my own angles, composition, etc. All these actually came at a price which was that my name would be credited in the works for my effort. I was already suffering from an acute cardiac arrest when those exact words went into my ears.

Today, on Facebook, I was presented a link to the actual complete works by the Master and indeed, some of my works were used. Unfortunately I was shamelessly caught in the line of fire which had me identity splattered along with the stars. Scrolling towards the end of my first maiden marvelous piece of contribution, I saw my name appearing along side the Master's name. It was truly an honor to work along side with the Master whom I really respect. I take this pride of my for a long way into the future with me...

That aside, it seems that my prescence is much needed in various places at this point of time. Another educational facility wants me to grace their 15th Anniversary to do a special class which will have me talking about my country with juicy bits of details, my life in Japan, etc you know that sort of things...It wasn't conditional in anyway and I could have simply declined but I chose to do it anyway since speaking Japanese was a pre-requisite.

Guessed like I am filling my schedule up fast...other things on the list would of course include the drive to various locations to do some filming which I had already started. Niigata, Kiso and Karuizawa are the planned locations at the moment but I am pretty sure the list will extend when the time is right.

So how about you? What have you been up to recently?

No comments: