Friday, September 25, 2009

Found...at last!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

It seems that the younger generation of Japanese in my little city have build up quite a strong following for Reggae, Hip Hop and other R&B tunes while others chose psychedelic trance. Yes I do know that music is subjective but the tunes that was dished out by the pockets of badly run, small and un-interesting clubs made me loathe the crowd in general till the point I started to detest the music. Trashy tunes or plain electronic farts really does not score very high on my list.

Then the young crowd, in summary, they suck because they have no originality and simply follow the trend with herd instincts. They have absolutely no vibe, no groove and no X-factor. Trust me, when you walk into a place like these mentioned above, it's not about contemplating whether to visit it again but rather to get the hell out as soon as possible.

I was on the verge of giving up my last ounce of partying juice when I was invited to a private Jazz event in Karuizawa. This one event held on Sept 24, 2009 changed my views forever. The crowd was neat, smart and semi-casual. Almost a good 90% of the gentlemen were NOT seen in sneakers or beach berms, less a few eye sore pricks. The smoking ladies were in evening gowns and heels...hot hot evening. The crowd here was mature, presumably late twenties to early thirties and the music were simply a soul relaxing blend of some of the most smoothing jazz, house, and easy listening tunes. The entire ambience was good for a friendly chat, a couple of drinks or simply to chill out after a day's of work. I found myself fitting in perfectly though under the disguise of an imposter Japanese national. When the ice was broken by my hairstylist/good friend, people started to talk to me with a strange hunger of enthusiasm gleaming thru their eyes. Because I was an Asian foreigner, looked no different from an Alpha Japanese Male and I spoke 3 languages. The limelights were all over me and boy was I overwhelmed by such curiousity from the smoking Japanese crowd.

Part of the reason can be attributed to the fact that I do make it a darn serious affair when it comes to private parties like these. I would choose to dress to kill and nothing less since first impressions are relatively important to me. The organizer spoke fantastic English since he stayed in the States for a while. The rest simply marveled in awe as I stike a decent conversation with him in English. More stares were creeping in from all directions because I was the ONLY Asian foreigner there and being a foreigner in a small community is a quite a huge celebrity thing. The clock ticked by and I found this place to be an instant hit which would be my No. 1 spot in secluded Karuizawa.

My hairstylist/friend was struggling with a bad cold and cough and soon she left the party. I was all by myself now but my social instincts kicked right in on overdrive. C was with a friend and so that makes just 2 of them. An easy prey if I had a wingman but I was alone. Nonetheless, I engaged the help of an aquaintance and sneaked right into their company. C bear a strong resemblence to someone I know, a good 80% based purely on surface appearence only. Possibly the kind I was constantly searching for since meeting 2 many years back. It was all good while it lasted, C was an introvert, having no interest in everything, reluctant to deviate from routine, bookworm, and very mysterious. The kind that everyone's mother would approve of and would make the perfect housewife. A rare and near extinction breed but top grade value. I felt comfortable and the night proceeded smoothly but C's friend was the noisy one always trying to steal attention. I began to lose some ground and wobble in my firm stance as C and I chatted on. In the end, I couldn't help it but go in for the kill to end the perfect stalk I had so far...to feed, to feed the hungry one. This was a top grade lens food from the start and boy I wasn't disappointed at all.

As the young night rolled out more chilly temperature, my anticipation became more erractic. Then the beautiful colors of Autumn came once again and warmth me senses. I was really glad to be embraced by the beautiful Autumn though it was dark and cold. I took a nice speedy drive home after that to sleep soundly knowing that Autumn had once again been re-defined and yes I am very much intrigued by Autumn.

No comments: