Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Simplicity and Ignorance are not the same.

- Never Stop Dreaming -

When I was in U, I had noticed how a certain particular individual of PRC origin would sit in the first row at exactly the middle. He was a nobody and no one cared until he started to respond to complex mathematical questions that involves tedious integration, algorithms and formulaes in record breaking time. The lecturer was a patient man of immerse knowledge and experience but even he wasn't impressed since every answer was wrong.

It then became clear to me that maybe he had some kind of special abacus that would beat all our scientific calculators from Casio or Sharp, or simply, he was just sprouting nonsense with no essence.

In my years of existence, I have met and have been marveled by people of humble origins with a deep knowledge of specific issues. These very people became my source of inspirations simply because they do not take what the teacher, lecturer or books throw at them. They challenge the norm and question every aspect till no answer, fact or evidence can be found and then they make their verdict. Their verdicts are usually free from personal judgement and contains a wealth of factual information. They do not impose their opinions on others and will present it as a fact to respect the freedom of choice. I have upmost respect of people with such esscence since they have an open mind and are always to accept healthy and intellectual challenges. Unless you have recognised efforts, a wiki entry or worthy of my respect, you can only try to impress me.

While everyone are free to voice their opinions, views and judgements, it's sad that I do not see much of those with a strong theoritical basis to back it up since most are just ignorant rants with no truth that contains strong personal attachment to it. Sometimes, if people bothered to read more, use the internet wisely and present facts instead of personal judgement, I would indeed have a more pleasant learning experience. If you can't swim, don't blame the swimming suit and if you can't win, don't blame your opponent. Reflect on yourself and do not unto others what you do not want on yourself.

To say that it's as simple as black is black and white is white is just shooting yourself in the foot and an utter disgrace to which ever institution or tutor that you apprentice to with respect to photography. If you know your stuffs, you would have already realise that there are different shades of blacks and different shades of white so I would rather have a constructive arguement with a capable opponent since there is a possibility of me being defeated while amassing a wealth of information otherwise unknown to me. Imposing baseless personal opinions on me is a huge pitfall which will only beg you more confound sarcasm since I am not a huge fan of that. I would love a good arguement when I can conceed defeat to know that my opponent knows more than me so if you have what it takes, I am always ready for a good challenge.

I do like to hide meanings in texts and not spoon feed people who are simply lazy and take what the world throws at them readily. Since those who understands the simple intended hidden meaning would know their next course of action. And those who don't will continue to generate nonsensical rants that will never fail to impress me. If you ask politely and not let that contagious PRC attitude get the better of you, I may just feed you what you want.

If only everyone understands that simplicity is a beautiful flawless design and ignorance is just an ugly excuse of laziness to pass off as simplicity.

If only everyone understands the freedom of choice and have a wider mind set to accept constructive arguments.

If only everyone is humble, are not afraid to apologise and not impose their opinions on others.

If only everyone can be a little more earnest and modest and do in depth research before present factless and useless arguments.

If only everyone can utilise the internet wisely, question ambiguities of authority, and present intellectual views.

If only everyone appreciates the truth and accept even the harshiest ones.

If only everyone understands all these, I am damn sure I wouldn't have to come here since SG would indeed be a livable place.

No comments: