Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So what do I say...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Yesterday was an "amazing" day for me because what seemed like an ordinary day to begin with soon unfolded into a series of unfortunate events. Upon reaching the first school, E school, they inquired about my prescence on 11th November which was of course today. I told them that I would be at the other school, J school, which was only like 1 minute apart by car since I go to J school from Wednesday to Friday for the past 3 years and that left the staffs in shock like a scene from The Ring.

And so the situation was that on 11th November, both schools needed my prescence for a very big and important demostration class but J school had the priority since it was a Wednesday. 2 schools were 1 minute apart by car and all it took was a phone call to resolve such silly and unnecessary conflicts but yet the 2 schools were clueless about each other. I shook my head in digust and told the staffs at E school to iron out their conflicts while I continued to amuse myself with Facebook.

In the end, they resolved their silly incompetence and the verdict was for me to be present at 2 different schools with 15 minutes grace. I really couldn't care less if you ask me.

As the evil plot unfolds further, I found myself straining a rather important relationship. I had asked 2 friends for help with regards to finding a second hand snow tyre and of course the cheaper the better. The 1st friend, Y, was a great friend for 3 years and he got me a barely used second hand snow tyres thru his brother for ¥40,000. Hefty though since the cheap new ones goes for ¥20,000. I was a bit reluctant but told him I would consider it. That was when things went sour and turned nasty. He told me that his brother was doing me a favor and had bought it for me so I should honor the deal. Well, I was surprised but honored that his brother had gone to such lengths for me but the whole idea behind second tyres was the price of course and in this case was almost 2 times the price of brand new ones. There was absolutely no justification in this I would say...

The second friend, T, returned me called 2 days later with a ¥10,000 second set of tyres. Now the price itself was everything that I needed to make an instant decision but my fatal call to Y was brutal as he lashed out every reason about how the Japanese spirit, how I should honor the deal, how I should accept it since I asked him for help, blah blah blah. I was not very happy about it, in fact I was PISSED! The conversation strained our friendship seriously but I chose to honor the deal and forsake the monetary loss to see the true character of people.

Hoping that everything would end with a good dinner and some decent rest, I found that I didn't bring my wallet out..."Man!" I thought, "Could this get any worse?". Luckily I had my card and I strolled into the mall like a lifeless zombie, grabbed my take away dinner and headed home. While driving thru the forested stretch near my house, I thought, "What a fucked up day...so if any dumb animals were to be stupid enuff to cross my path, death I shall serve to you."

True enuff, a ginger cat, not sure if it's a kitten or an adult stupidly crossed my path as I entered a bend. Heard a squeal of pain but I couldn't care less and continued until I reach home. The first thing I did when I exited the car was to check if there were any blood stains, lodged carcass, etc that would have pissed me off even more. Nothing could be seen in the darkess as I battled the bugs that plauged my house every year during the autumn winter crossover. Busted a finger in the process and still I could feel my rage boiling strong.

Late into the night, I saw a familiar name on Facebook...I wasn't sure if I should make the first move but in the end I still did. I wasn't sure if a simple, "Hi, how are you?" was appropriate. We chatted via Facebook chat but it was a completely different feeling as compared to months ago for at least 8 months where we shared giggles, sarcasm and gossips thru skype. Now it was just watching for the blinking cursor until texts appeared before I could reply anything. Really, I asked myself...what do I say with each reply you give? Coincidentally, someone else used the same salutation only known by us...did everything have a meaning to it? What exactly was I missing out?

And today, according to the weather forcast would be raining and so would the next couple of days. At least the weather and Heaven were kind to me to grant me such splendid blessings. The entire sky was filled with deep dark gray clouds of doom and the rain wouldn't stop falling. 0900 in the morning and it seemed like 1900 in the evening...such weather would be a dread for many people but for me, it was simply beautiful because there would be a lot more accidents, a lot more pissed poor folks and a hell lot more mess around.

I am one, with no master with tutor.

I am one, with my own dreams with my own visions.

I am one, ready for a challenge if you are good enuff.

So bring it on and give me all you have got before I get bored.

No comments: