Monday, November 16, 2009

A tiny step but a giant leap

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Sometime back, I was talking to a friend who will soon tie the blissful knot (wonder where the hell is my magical knot) and I was left utterly speechless when I learnt that there will be no professional photographer to document his magical event. There may be various reasons but pictures are definitely a MUST in any wedding event and to leave this sacred task to just about anyone who holds a camera is almost unbelievable. To do myself and my friend a huge favor, I shamelessly volunteered to capture the event as a main photographer so that I could at least be able to sleep at night knowing that I did something meaningful for once in my life. It's not always about me you know, sometimes, it just feels good to do something for someone else just to feel good. Yeah right, like real...in case you didn't see it coming, I would not take such noble credit for it since I wasn't even a saint to begin with. To shed a little light, or should I say darkness, this merely allows me to put meself to the test, against all odds to see how far I can take such important roles.

So far, my pictures were deemed to be good but the truth is that I am doing all my pictures as a hobby, not like my life depended on it so there wasn't much pressure, time frame attached to it and I was pretty much free to explore my talents. Now that I gave someone else my word, this will mark an epical journey for me into the future, a tiny step for me but a gigantic leap for my future which I have to settle for nothing else except perfection to deliver. No doubt the immerse pressure is way more than the previous one when I took the role of a second photographer in Singapore since there was a Master to take charge back then. Now it's just me alone in the vast ocean fending the sharks...many pairs of eyes will be feasting me like piranhas and with that comes an incredible amount of pressure raining down on me. However, the paramount and single death blow to me would be my own mentality, my own perfection to meet and my own pressure to evaluate my actions and sanity. I simply cannot fail and I simply cannot blame any inanimate objects except to eat my sanity away...

This is THE one chance, the one debut, the first and maiden attempt for me to take the holy role of a wedding photographer, the MAIN man in charge to capture, preserve and to re-write history. All those tears, sweat and toil that I had been thru all comes down to this one historical moment, to carve my legend out of nothing.

Though I dare confess that I am definitely not a devoted believer of any faith, I sink weakly and nimbly before any omnipotent and mighty God to bless me the strength, the holy energy and the wings to shine thru this epical magic carpet ride!

And to my friend, I couldn't be more grateful and thankful to you for giving me this chance, for beliving in me and for having faith...let's make this magic happen!

Though things are getting pretty messed up in my head, hopefully I can get my gear ready. 3 rolls of film which makes up at least a 100 B/W shoots, light stands...

No comments: