Friday, October 30, 2009

Copper Week maybe...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Next Tuesday is suppose to be a public holiday but since Monday will be e regular work day, I took leave specially to go down to Tokyo to meet a good friend to fulfil a promise made long ago. Since things didn't quite go the way I wanted, and I really didn't want to revoke the leave, I thought I should try to exploit as much of it as I can.

Tonight I will head to Karuizawa to crash a Halloween Party and my choice of costume, a Chinese Zombie since I had the Kung Fu shirt and all I need is a tailsman which I had already printed it out thanks to the company's printer. And then tomorrow after my Japanese class, I will head down to Tokyo maybe for more parties? Not sure yet but since I got to crash at my free and cosy Tokyo pad, I couldn't care less. Sunday will be a full day of shopping by meself I presume since everyone else will be busy.

I had already mapped out the locations and wrote down the items that I need to get to start playing with my films. So indeed I am really excited...and then on Monday, I will visit the Tokyo Motor Show with my SG bro in Tokyo. And the best of it all, Tuesday will still be a holiday after all these...and that almost sums up this year's amazing spread of holidays. Golden week, Silver week, Bronze week but as a joke I shall name it copper week.

Picked up my paycheck yesterday night and loitered around the area for a while. Found a nice family style Kimono Shop which would be able to tailor-make me the Samurai Kimono if I supplied the pictures so I might see what they have to offer. Walked around a little more and stopped by a rustic camera shop where I spoke to the lady Boss in charge. Found out that not many people in this area I presumed do their own film developing which she was really surprised when I told her I wanted to do my own developing. Before leaving, I "seduced" her to whisk a few rolls of expired film hopefully so that I could practise the spooling action. Satisfactory obtained 1 roll in the end.

The pictures of the photoshoot last week went pretty well and though most of the pictures are already posted on Facebook, I will try to get them up here as well along with the other wedding pictures. Blogger has always been slow in the picture uploading process which I really dread. Anyway I got quite a decent number of good hits, constructive comments with regards to the recent photoshoot. It seems that my friends have a rather high level of expectation and thus I shall not disappoint in the future. Really made my day to see so many friends appreciating my pictures and putting those pictures that I had taken as their profile pictures.

Looking at more wedding pictures of my Master, I was more intrigued to step into the vast world of artistic vision to preserve the most beautiful moments of humanity. Of course the works of my Master were of leaps and bounds beyond me and I could only try to walk in the trail that he had blazed. Hopefully someday I can make my mark and have my efforts recognised as well. I did remember my Mum saying to me when I was young that the teachers in my primary school realised that I had a potential in the artistic field since I sucked at regular subjects. I wasn't very analytical to begin with but my textbooks were all donned in insane depictions of various characters. Somehow I always tend to excel in art classes even till secondary school where I drew a banana the way it was with inperfections, like distortions, color variances, etc and everyone else drew what they wanted to see, a perfect banana. The sort of seperated me from my peers who scored amazing grades and went on to pursue an amazing career.

Me, I fleed to Japan to further expand and realise my potential in artistry thru photography and some computer wizardry. Then I met more inspiration people and they enlightened my vision even further.

Though my current job pays rather decently and probably has the most holidays, it has been 3 years and I thought I needed a change of environment. I want to be a wedding photographer and I started pulling contacts and strings. There is one slight opportunity at the moment but I have not met the man in charge yet. Still I have to go thru interviews and screenings but my triumph card would be my ability to speak 3 languages and the difference of perspective. I had to start somewhere and wedding photography in Japan is a totally different ballgame from SG. Photographers are not an independent entity but rather part of a package tied to a location or wedding company which provides the dress, photographers, planning, etc. Nonetheless, I am willing to take this leap of faith and plunge my passion into a career.

Ok all that ambitious blabbers aside, I am ready and set for the PARTIES!

P.S. I do hope that my little Teddy Bear is doing fine and I miss my little Teddy Bear.

No comments: