Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's a great day today...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

As many of you have already known and as many of you have already read, I am just not your typical sunny island beach boy. I smile when the lights go out, I fly in the incandescent street lamps of the night and I most certainly float with the fluffy storm clouds. But today, after the slushy rain and snow mess from yesterday, I was in fact pretty excited for the sun to roll in. Because the distance peaks were all dusted in glorious white the surrounding ranges were in full view. The few clouds hung low and the exposed blue skies above reminded me once again of summer except with chilly temperatures kissing my face.

I am happy...indeed because snow on the peaks came a little earlier this year which would mean I would have snow on my feet very soon. Winter is finally here and as such, ended my long wait...the air never tasted so fresh, so crisp and so minty scented in my lungs. While the rest of the colorful greenery fades slowly to nothing but dark contrast of lines and shadows beneath the white peaks, I could safely say to myself, "Wait a little longer, have a little more patience, it's almost here..."

For 3 good years, I have never once felt the the need or even remember what the scenes of good 'o SG were like. Perhaps the same boring unsightly stuffs that I never once looked forward to have change to even shitty looking ones? I don't know and I don't really care...because what I see here are no longer confined to 2D pages or screens. Winter has become a part of my life and I do confess I need it. 3 years ago, there were those naysayers who said that I was too quick to find love for winter since I had never been thru one and that they were so confident that after my first winter, I would be singing a different tune or fleeing to warmer regions. 3 years later, I am still tasting winter like a virgin and each year it can only get better.

Though many people do not have the luxury to experience such celestial lifestyle, I can only hope and pray that someday, someone out there would be able to see the same white scenery with me and say, "I would trade everything else to live each day like this for the rest of my life."

No comments: