Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not good enuff, try harder...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

While it seems that the news of H1N1 has been rather dead recently, I am always reminding myself that I have always been "healthy" and rarely fall prey to any form of sickness. I was a little too careless and a little to harsh to quickly learn from my over-confidence.

Strangely late into the evening last night, I was struck down by a sudden and unknown illness which left me nauseas, sick, lethargic and very unconscious. I was barely able to get a hold of myself while I struggled home after buying my dinner. My head was spinning like a record on a turntable and my breath was irregular and heavy. I could feel my body trembling at the otherwise bearable cold and I was really not in a good condition.

Tried to puke my guts out but nothing happened and yet the undigested food remained uncomfortably lodged in my diaphragm. Not a good feeling when each step I took felt like an earthquake. Gobbled up my dinner, popped some pills and crawled into the chilly bed by 1945 hours. Tossed and turned the entire night but felt slightly better as I watched the cold darkness broke into the dawn of a new day. It was really cold this morning and outside, the rain from last night had turned into slush...snow came with rain and everywhere was wet, noisy and very gloomy.

I knew I had to either call it a sick day and rest or fight it out and go to work which I obviously chose the later. With only a couple of days left, I have to prevent myself from sucumbing to any sickness to prepare for the big day. In school, I could feel the sick aura slowly leaving me alone though the discomfort of indigestion, headaches, and occasional shivery cough and flu still plague me.

Have quite a number of things to do and prepare before the big day which I am so looking forward to, I see images even in my sleep.

God bless you all and stray far from those irritating sickness.

No comments: