Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ozaki Yutaka, my inspiration

- Never Stop Dreaming -

My recent discovery of this iconic singer who have inspired so many other great singers like Nic Tse had me grooving to his tunes daily. In fact 2 of his songs, FORGET ME NOT and I LOVE YOU. Well, given my knowledge and ability to comprehand and converse in Japanese, I have found myself strongly inclined to these 2 songs and never in my life before, I felt so complled to master this song and I mean sing it. There is just so much emotion in Ozaki's singing that could well represent my inner feelings by simply singing his songs. His rage and passion from his singing clearly seperates his angst ridden yells from all other singers. Even when Nic sang the Cantonese version, it was not even close. I salute you with the utmost respect, Ozaki San.

Well there have been times in my life where I had wanted to sing and master certain Japanese songs just to polish my singing skills and also to expand to the Japanese genre. But at times, I simply gave up or fail to take off. This time round, I am pretty sure I will give it my best shot as I am simply smitten completely but Ozaki's songs. The raw energy I can expel and represent from his songs are the next best to hitting the sweet spot other than singing Nic's songs.

And like path of the other great singers, it's always better to die out than to fade away. Ozaki along with other iconic inspirations like Kurt Cobain, John Lennon and Elvis, your music was a gift from God to the world, and your parting was the beginning of a legacy.

No comments: