Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just doing my bit....

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Being an avid lover for snow and cold weather, the hike up Mt. Asama last weekend also serves as a resolution for me to do my bit to preserve Mother Earth. You see last week hike up wasn't an ordinary hike...it was also to raise awareness for global warming which will destroy the winter season and all the snow and sports we love...so each of us had to write our sacrifices on a tailsmen-like strips of paper to pray for a good snow season this year at the little shrine. Although it wasn't an actual event that spans from previous generations, our friend Ben who started this stint years back affectionately name it, "Oyuki Matsuri" which means "Snow Festival". Like what the age old traditional festivals of Japan which folks prayed for good harvest or weather, they had to sacrifice something in return for their prayers to be answered and also to appease the Gods..

Well, for our little "festival", each of us had to sacrifice something ranging from something impossible like giving up meat completely (I salute you Desiree...) to donating some money to the shrine up in Mt. Asama. I took this chance to make my first ever sacrifice to contribute my bit for Global Warming and for Conservation, blah, blah, blah...you know which also had a deviated motive...to expand my shopping list...haha

So I took the chance to pen down these lines..."Thou shall not use disposable chopsticks and get thyself a pair of super cool portable personal weapon...!" Yeah it was indeed exaggerated here in this post but hey...I did managed to get myself something nice...and environmental friendly.

Snow Peak SCT-103 Portable Chopsticks (Click Here)


Yep these lethal looking ninja tools are gentle enough to pick up your sashimi, portable, uber cool and are made of birch wood from old baseball bats...plus, they are even awarded "Best Gear of 2007" from National Geographic in the Forest Category, click HERE if you don't believe...and besides, they are MADE IN JAPAN. And besides, the shop that I got it from offers free handling charges so I decideed to get another Titanium 450 ml Mug from the same company just to keep my uber cool gadgets collection healthy...haha

No comments: