Thursday, November 22, 2007

1122

- Never Stop Dreaming -

1122 is the date today as shown on my watch, the 22th day of the 11th month of November. And why is this day special, as one will wonder so let me quench your thirst of curiousity.

An inch of snow is the reason why this day is special. Acres of white from Mother Nature presented a splendid view for me as I woke up today. Greeted by the gentle rays of the morning sun, I opened my windows to see little white fluffers of snow falling outside my house. Grant, my room mate was utterly shocked when I went bonkers the instance I saw the incredible view as I was shouting, screaming, yelling, laughing, jumping and then a sudden pause, where the whole insanity kicks in again. You see the ground was covered in snow, the cars were covered in snow, the roads, the rice fields, the trees, everything was covered in snow and it's just unbelievable. I can't help it but be like a little boy and do silly things. Put on my jacket, gloves and shoes, I went out to kick, jump, touch, blow and play with snow.

This is the first time in my life I am going through this incredible experience. The feeling is beyond description by any known words found in any dictionary, I would say experience it yourself and you will know what I mean and especially for Singaporeans who have never stepped outta the country. The latest news is that it will snow even more next week and I am definitely looking forward to it. I could still vividly recall the scenes from the Home Alone movie decades back where I really wished Singapore would snow. But since the chances of SG getting snow is as good as the sun rising at midnite, I knew I had to adjust myself to suit my environment.

Viola, poof, here I am in central Japan with snow, ramen, sashimis and sake. All I need is a nice log house, a car, a Japanese wife and a dog...haha yep I had it all going in my head. Well I can't say for sure I know what I am writing here as right now as I am penning these lines in my school, I could see snow falling outside. It's like tiny little cotton balls floating all around and it's really beautiful. And surprisingly, it's a lot warmer when it snows in winter. By the way, snow is like the ice shavings on ice kachangs except a softer and a hell lot more fragant.

Gosh, I am loving every second of this and yeah don't worry, I will get the pictures up soon. How can I ever miss the chance to tease and raise the level of jealousy from my fellow SGreans back home.

Enjoy your scorching sun while I enjoy my fluffy white snow.

O(≧∇≦)O

1 comment:

Unmasked said...

With each new post you give me more reason to KICK YOUR GLOATING ASS.

I'm enjoying my summer here, thank you very much.