Monday, November 12, 2007

Apples Apples and more Apples

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Apples has always been fruits that I simply just pop them into my mouth and crunch them away. Taking for granted that they are easily available, never had I once ponder about why some apples are more radiant than others or to take a little closer look at each and every apple. Not until last Saturday...

I was invited to help a farmer with 5 apples orchards to pick the apples...thus the term Apples Picking. For once in my life, I was overwhelmed by the bliss of being surrounded apple trees and a million red, juicy and priced apples all around me. They are up there hanging precariously over my head and dowon on the ground beneath my boots looking sullen. All around me, I could "hear" the little red apples calling out to me to either look at them, eat them or to pick them. I could "feel" the soul of these apples and really learn to appreciate them, for each and every apple tree there in the orchard was easily older than me and the apples on them were alive.

The experience was indeed interesting given that I am a huge fan of Ufuoma Urie's Apple Dolls so being able to feel the story of the dolls by being physically present amongst apple trees was truly rewarding.

Apples apples apples, I am beginning to fall in love with these little red wonder of hidden joy that are presumably among one of the best apples in Japan, costing ¥400 a pop. Deeply immersed in this new culture of appreciating the apples, the chilly 10 degrees and drizzle was almost negligible during the entire experience.

Gosh, I love apples and I mean not eating them...but to be "in" and among them so every day and night, I am will constantly be with my White Apple (pun intended) lappy.

2 comments:

Unmasked said...

Heh heh.... I've got 2 apple dolls, didn't know it was time to expand my collection.

小郎 said...

Ha...was those the 2 from the 1st series that we got? Sine and gang?

Anyway the new series are freaking awesome as well, especially Sine of Souls and Atrum.