Tuesday, February 2, 2010

They are hibernating in the cold

- Never Stop Dreaming -

It has been almost 2 months into the new year and yet I haven't posted any pictures...not because I have not been taking them but they are all now hosted on different sites. And to my huge astonishment, GEOCITIES which used to be hosted on Yahoo's servers shut down without me know it. They didn't even send me an email to inform me...bloody idiots and utter shitty SLA that that practice. Now all my files are spoofed thanks to a bunch of deserved-to-be-shot capitalists scumbags!

All that angst aside, here are some of the pics...


Found a nice abandoned warehouse near my place and decided to play with the umbrella and 2 strobes. I was all alone so to do everything like checking the positioning of the strobes and umbrella, etc was quite a hassle. Takes time but can be done unless someone volunteers to be my model/assistant. Not bad I would say...and though I hate to admit, I used to be the ugly duckling but now I simply love to see myself time and again that is if I do manage to pull of shots that I like.


This one was shot while I was going home one day and I simply couldn't resist the full moon reflecting of the river below the bridge. The actual scene was much more beautiful than I could capture on the camera. Though I have ventured exclusively to framing people, time and again, I just couldn't resist such temptations.



A while back like in the second week of Jan where I said I was going to Hakuba, yeah these are the pictures of the little cottages in the snow forest like a page outta of the Grimm Bros' tales. I guessed the pictures deliver a more descriptive scene than the words.


And this was the road that leads to the sleepy forest in the Grimm Bros' tales...


My "new" RC toy car which battled 1 snow storm to get me to Hakuba. This menacing under 700cc full 5 speed manual monster was one fast 4WD toy car. No clutch slip was more than enuff to make up the slow 1st gear acceleration. Nonetheless, I have found a new home for this baby in the hands of a female friend in about 5 weeks time. The reason was because of THE STRAWBERRY!



The party on the Friday night at Hakuba was not bad at all and I decided to the 5D partnered with a F1.4 looking glass in extreme low light to see what I could get. People in a dark atmosphere just the way I like it.


Still on the Hakuba series, these are some of the most amazing crew from Australia though I only met them like only once. They are friends of N which of course was simply too amazing to begin with. Just had to expand the last remaining frames on the long overdue B/W film.


The Man, another fellow photographer, proposed to his lovely angel on the top of one of the ski resorts under a huge bell. Yeah I am envious but I give this man all the respect because he was, is and will be as awesome as he already is. His girl is now a proud owner of a huge polished piece of carbon.


So once again a good lens food for me, the lovely newly engaged love birds!




And before leaving, the last remaining memories of the fantastic Hakuba...

No comments: