Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It just keep getting better...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Over the weekend, I went down to Tokyo to attend a Bday party of a great pal. The first thing that I realised that did surprise me was that the air smelled different. Tokyo was a place which I had very much wanted to move to but somehow the same air, the same scent that I had sucked into my lungs was very different this time round.

Then I began to feel a certain sense of attachment to Nagano, the vast space, the mountains, the snow and the scenery till I began to become a little apprehensive of Tokyo, which used to be a place that I really really loved. People change I guess and so are my taste, style and other functional sensory triggers.

At the party, I met more amazing people and suddenly everyone, the Japanese people in particular seemed to speak English, I meant really really good English. Nothing like in Nagano...but I felt foreign since I was so used to being in the all Japanese environment. These amazing people soon provided decent lens food for my 5D with the Sig 50mm. Most of them had FB which of course was a huge blessing so the pictures are all up. Played Crysis, Call of Duty 4, and a little Bioshock on my pal's comp and realised how I had been left in the stone ages. Nonetheless, though centuries late since the era of Half Life 2 and Counter Strike, Crysis still packed a huge punch which left me trading sleep for hours of non-stop action in my drunken stupor.

Over the course of the weekend, I had more ales (GOSH I am huge sucker for ales) and stouts than I ever did in Nagano. Then early into Sunday morning, I went to Tsukiji hoping to catch some nice shutter chance but was smashed to find out that the famous fish market was closed on Sundays. The epic failure wasn't all that bad since I hardly had a winked fom Saturday's nite booze parade and hours of Crysis action. Went to a nearby 24 hour sushi shop and had 1 of the most heavenly piece of God's sushi, the 大トロ (Oo Toro) of the Blue Fin Tuna. No pictures but the description are as follows. Imagine a slab of marbled textured fish meat that looked like a piece of Kobe beef on a luke warm fragrant sushi rice entering your mouth. The very moment you start to chew on it, the piece of fish meat literally DISOLVE slowly releasing the fatty taste of the tuna spreading to all the empty sections of your mouth. I swore I really didn't want to swallow that half saliva-digested pile in my mouth.

I got back to Nagano on early Sunday morning before 10 am and slept all the way till Monday morning with a spliting headache. Panadols solved everything and then it was back to work which I had already thrown in the half fuck attitude. The kids of the 6th grade pissed me off beyond my reasonable limit and I just smiled and told the home room teacher that I was very much done with that class and would not want to attend the last class on Mar 8th. Had a slight conversation with the home room teacher only to find out that he was the ham between the 2 pieces of bread. The forces of shitty-deserved-to-be-shot snobbish parents of 2 of the brats had the home room teacher's head on the platter. In other words, he had to stomach all the shits from these brats or risk losing his job. I understood his plight and had a compromise solution in the end.

Tuesday, took half a day off to submit my VISA application for the new job. Was told that it was too early and lacking a couple of documents. Came back and prepared the necessary documents for the next visit. Then went online to check on the auction status of a second hand Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED dedicated 35mm film scanner that Master B had recommended. Won the auction in the end hovering around the SGD$1,200 range which was still a steal considering the brand new version above SGD$3,000. Now all I have to do is to sell of the crappy Made in Terrorist Land Epson scanner.

Today came to school looking all good, checking the net for more shopping stuffs and found a 1st hand G Shock Protector for the DW/GW 5000/5600 series of watches. Apparently these hard to find protectors were no longer being produced by Casio and were being very much sought after by many collectors. I myself had been looking for one for a while so that pretty much made my day.

Will try to do a private photoshoot of my limited edition Made in Japan Casio G Shock GW-5000B 1JR with the protector soon.

No comments: