Monday, February 15, 2010

The Sacred Delivery Mission Completed!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Valentine's Day have a very different approach, meaning and significance here in Japan but Wiki will give you a more detailed information. And in my love career, I had only given out 2 bouquets of flowers to 2 different lady which of course makes them reigned supreme over every other lady that I have come to known. As I grew older, not necessary wiser, I found that I became rather cautious on extravagant spending. The reason is because I want to be able to "invest" in the right one than just throwing away money blindly to sinister charities like those in SG.

Many years went by, not a spark, not even any form of thermal energy from anyone so I remained cold further isolated by each winter. Then something happened late last year towards the end of the year. Strange but credible if you want to believe, things changed for the better...I found a new job, all hyped up...looking forward to being able to realise yet another dream, the S15 after 10 odd years and a new crash pad, etc. I could see the turn of events one after another showering like holy presents from God...then I began to sneak back into the chilly crevices doubting all these sudden stroke of good faith. I began to doubt certain things and prepare myself incase the tide turn on me. Amidst all these mental confusions, there was one, a very very significant one that seems to shackle me with fear and I tremble with each step, each move, each decision because every minute forward into the future could spell a cruel and disturbing plunge into darkness. I am walking on a thin line with only uncertainties and questions that I couldn't answer by myself...

February 13th, in the year 2010...it was a Saturday and after careful considerations, I decided to heed an advice of a friend, to deliver a sweet package to mi. It was one of the longest journey in my life that simply robbed me of at least 2 years of useful brain cells and youth. Then entire solitary journey thru the snowy passes had me messed up with the voices of the angel and the devil on each shoulder. It was a dangerous mental journey to realise certain things that could very well change my life forever.



Usually it would had been the highway but to save on cost, I decided to take a longer but free route instead and these were some of the mountain passes that I sneakily "drifted" in practice to get there.



Along the way the new fresh snow found the bare canopy of the coniferous pines fine resting places so I couldn't resist it too and whipped out my 5D.

Eventhough I have been to this place numerous times over the last 1000 odd days, sadly only in the deep of winter. Each time I drove home, I really wished I was the passenger instead because each sunset that greeted me was different and yet similarly beautiful. On this day, I reached the designated place, walked up a small uphill path of white, delivered a sweet package and felt my heart skipped a couple of beats when one of God's angel decided to drop me a smile before I savored this mind fuel, the same very one which started the entire chain of fusion and fission in my emotional well being.


This was the very thing, the one "potent" cuppa caffine that altered my life forever.


Then having completed my mission, it was time I departed home before darkenss catches on...but going back down on the same snowy path, I found myself walking into a mental hallucination while staring at the diamond dust sprinkling thru the trees against the sun. My camera couldn't do anything to capture those nano flakes and this was the best I got, with the sun in a tiny star shaped.

Back into the car, I travelled on the all so familiar road back before deciding to do an insane stunt in the name of photography. Sometimes, the most beautiful pictures requires the photographer to venture into the most extreme corners of the earth, this was once instance which I could totally relate to that statement. The pavement on both sides of the bridge was covered in at least more than 1 meter of dirty slushy snow. To get the following shots, I sank into the snow despite not having appropriate gear and waddled thru with insane effort and the stares from every single driver passing that bridge. Fixed the tripod into the snow and fired away...A small portion of guts have to be credited to the amazing spirit that day for accomplishing the sacred delivery mission which even granted me an audience with the "queen". I am not that crazy as you think but if you could understand my thinking proccess or in the same plight as me at that time, you would probably have done the same.



These 2 are my favorite shot of the day...





No comments: