Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cash, hard cold CASH!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Apparently my dreams for riding in a nice white S15 will not go thru anytime soon. That's because Japan has some pretty strict rules for granting loans to foreigners with an expiry date on their visa(s). Perfectly understandable since if we leave Japan, the banks will be in deep shit expanding more resources hunting down the boat jumpers.

There are of course alternatives like going to some Yuk(s) run financing company like Ah Long Pte Ltd in Singapore where they impose an exorbitant interest rate just to get your business done "legitimately". I was planing to finance the new baby thru a 2 year loan so that I don't tie up my limited pot of cash all in it but...from the way I see it now, there's probably no other alternative than to drop hard cold cash on the car, literally like a bag, a suitcase, a paper bag, etc of nicely bundled, nicely ironed CASH!

5 more weeks and I will be a free man...moving to my new place, getting all hyped up for my friends, my family to come visit me and of course starting a new life in a new job in photography. My dreams for the S15 may be dashed at the moment, I am not all destroyed...it's only a matter of storing up enuff power to Hadoken it all. We will see how it goes...

Days in schools especially Elementary schools are more like "Whatever" each week I visit them. Simply because I have almost no motivation at all to continue entertaining those long days when I know that a better field is already out there waiting for me. When I said, "I like black" and the Japanese teacher said, "I rike brack!", I didn't bother to correct him / her and I simply laughed louding inside me. I see nothing, absolutely nothing in even making an effort to change anything since the poor Japanese kids are simply too wild to learn any useful English. Look at it this way, these little brats reeked of urine, dirt and every other germ, virus, bacteria you can ever imagine, get together in an un-ventilated school with the heating running, pushed the same amount of dirt around each day pretending to clean the school and attend a 50 minute English classes 1 time a week. They are never gonna learn English no matter how hard they try and it's little wonder that the influenza virus spreads faster in Japanese schools.

Literally I give up try to improve or much less change anything in these Elementary schools. Of course the occasional unintended pun still cracks me up like the other day, the lesson was on cities in countries. One kid said, Tokyo, Japan and the other said Vancouver, Canada...then one smart ass kid screamed, "Bei Gi Na" which sounded crudely like a Japanese version of the female reproductive organ. Man, I swore I almost teared when I suppressed my laughter. He wanted to say Beijing China but somehow somewhere something went seriously wrong. That aside, like I have mentioned, I am pretty much done. I told the one teacher about the situation and told him the truth, that no matter how hard he can try or ANY of the Japanese teachers in the Elementary school can try, nothing's gonna change since nothing had changed in the last 50 years. He asked me what can be done to change and I told him specifically what MUST be done to change. He agreed but I could see the "impossible" look thru his eyes.

And today I come to school to experience a white out but it's not snow...it's irritating fog that resulted in the heavy rain overnight. Damn I am seriously being robbed of snow...all classes are cancelled today and tomolo's a holiday. I am really taking it easy while it last.

No comments: