Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something gained and something lost...bloody hell!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

After embarking on the life changing delivery mission, I found that my winter mitts were missing in action. Searched high and low, in and out, the house and the car and nothing...not even a trace or a speck of dust trail. *Sob* *Sob* Those mitts had kept me warm for 2 seasons and I really like them... *Sob* *Sob* And now they are lost and I had the slightest idea where I lost them. I was wondering, these mitts were big and if I had dropped them, I would have definitely felt or seen it. Sadly, they had vanished miraculously and nothing seems to come out useful from my head. *Sigh* So I went online and purchased another set of mitts...

The only satisfaction I got outta "this strange ordeal" (Edison Chen`s infamous quote) was that I got to hear mi voice which had me dancing in delight. Then the replacement of the Arc Teryx Alpha came in the post, and finally to top it off, I found a used Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED which Master B put forth as "Beat until die also won't sell" film scanner...things are working out slowly but the lost of my beloved mitts did sour my soul.

This coming Friday, I had already gotten an approval from the vice principal to flee the school after lunch on certain excuses but don't bother asking me since I won't tell :p There after, I will head to Shinjuku to meet up with D and have a huge Bday party in Roppongi...Definitely looking forward since I will be hauling my camera down!

Yeah it seems like there are always two sides of the coin so something gained will usually mean something lost like the ancient barter trade of exchange. But sometimes in monetary forms, like how the stupid tax that I had paid in excess, took a little too long to be refunded back to me which I would have easily factored in opportunity cost. In the end, I got it back only to hand it out immediately for another tax, the Residence Tax (Shiminzei)

No comments: