Thursday, January 28, 2010

You really didn't see that coming didn't you?

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Yesterday, I went to my company to give my Boss the answer whether I would continue for another year and also to collect my paycheck. The atmosphere was a bit awkward since I would have to tender in my resignation. And so she started off with the usual, "How are you, how's everything" before asking, "So what do you think? Will you continue?" My answers for the past 2 years was a reluctant "YES" to which I pre-assumed, she would most definitely have expected me to say "Yes" this time as well but with little hesistation and no remorse in my eyes, I looked at her straight in the eye and said, "No, I think this is it!"

I had been observing and would have expectated her reaction to be some how calm and true to reality, she was calm but there was a little sense of uneasiness in her eyes. And then she asked, "Why? Why not?" and I simply gave a crap of reasons just to pacify her. I would not discredit the fact that she was the one who hauled me into Japan and I had to be grateful to my benefactor but 3 years, it's more then enuff I think. Now it's the time to move on...to realise other dreams and to do other things. She did hinted to me last year when I re-contrated that I had better looked for greener pastures which was implanted deep in my head. However the turn of events like many schools, teachers and principals asking her to let me continue made her changed her stance to a much softer, subtle approach. She was hoping for me to continue so that she could save all that initial troublesome paper work or hassles. Well, I paid my dues and lived with the fact that I got no bonus or future prospect so the decision was in fact very clear.

Now that all was over, I am all hyped up about my new place, new job and new car of course. But still besides my friends, none of the kids, teachers or principals knew about my resignation. And of course besides FB and my friends, not even my boss knew about me already had a new job confirmation.

I will soon close this chapter of my initial epical journey here in Japan. But with that I will open another chapter to yet another adventure here in Japan and in case you are still wondering, nope I didn't grew outta fantasies, dragons, magicians or princesses, I still very much want my life to revolve around this imaginary utopian concept. Besides, my friends will be coming to check out me new place, new car, new etc., my brother and my family too. And word has it that there is a possibility of my entire family moving here in the future because SG is no longer livable since it's either Little India or Little Chinatown everywhere we go now.

Nonetheless, my new place has 2 bed rooms so anyone is more than welcome to crash but subjected to my screening proccess!

Nissan Silvia S15 Sweet Strawberry baby...I am eagerly anticipating your arrival each day....muacks muacks muacks!

No comments: