Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fleeting Scenes

- Never Stop Dreaming -

In our daily lives, we are always rushing to slave for the society and because of that, we shackled ourselves into the very norm we carved. In big cities, it's usually about the huge multi-national conglomerates, the oil cartels, the flashy cars and the fanciful restaurants. Sadly, most of us do not see beyond that.

Of course there are other valid arguments about rural places but that's a different story altogether. I guessed I was lucky to grow up in a vibrant city and then moved on to a totally different place for an entirely new experience. With too much time on my hands, I picked up my DSLR and present some of these wonderful fleeting scenery that you might had missed out in your daily busy schedule. Take a moment to enjoy and then ask yourself what have you been missing out all these while.


This was taken one night around 10pm on my way home when the circular moon cast a huge feint white halo around it. According to Wiki, Moon/Sun Halo(s) happen(s) when light is reflected and refracted by ice crystals aka Diamond Dust. It usually happens when the temperature is very cold which was the case when I was travelling home that night. Not possible to see it in SG I presumed.


This was another one of those pictures I took late into the night during fullmoon. The sky was initially partially cloudy with the fullmoon in all her glory. Then the clouds moved in and the diffused rays were simply irresistible for me. Tripod and long exposures for this one. Certainly looks like some Godly Celestial decending to Earth kinda of feel which had be tagged all future photos like this as "God's Descent".


While driving back home after getting my dinner, the gentle dusk took me by surprised with reverse diffused rays. It was like 1 minute from my house so I whisked out my DSLR and caught the dying of the light behind the artistic silhouette of trees.


Fall is usually not a season I get cosy with since the irritating bugs would invade my house in full force with hopes of survivng the harsh winter. This was taken near my house on the infamous forest path that leads to and from my house to get to anywhere. The colors were very rich and I faded them further in post processing to give a very warm rustic feel to it.




Both pictures above seems pretty ordinary you might ask but since I dig uniform lines that lead to infinity on the horizon, I thought these lines were pretty sweet in segmenting the picture up into sub frames. Taken while en route home from Narita in July 2009.




While on board the plane, I saw more chances before the plane took off. The rays of the Sun was strong but fading away and the clouds sure provided a good diffusion. I waited as the plane slowing accelerated on the runway and my chance came. God's Descent appeared!







These 3 pictures were taken very very recently, in fact, only last week. I had another 5 day (now officially 7) long weekend dubbed "Bronze Week" since there were 2 other 5 day long holidays this year which had passed. I packed up my photography gear and went out hunting for decent scenic spots. "Found" 2 really spectacular mini lakes near my city and figured it would be a good chance to catch reflections. Yes I do admit I loved the way a proper scene would be reflected by another medium. Since the trees were not in full Autumn glory, bring out the deep blue skies while shadowing the trees would be a good frame. Had to do multiple shots since I was not really adept in ridding lens flares.


This one and the one below was also taken on the same day as the 3 lake shots above. The assortment of colors in the scene above was pretty impressive. From light pinkish clouds, baby blue skies, golden yellow rice fields and fading green grasses. Not much post processing here since I really liked the original colors. Saturation was boosted, blacks darkened, exposure adjusted and a P.L.D filter was used. Tried the same settings on a B/W film and will update once I develop it.


Just before wrapping up the day and this post, I saw the approaching train and framed it. Not in anyway that I am a train fanatic like those geeky ones in Tokyo but here it is anyway.

No comments: