Friday, October 2, 2009

October Outlook

- Never Stop Dreaming -

2nd of October, the weather for the past couple of days to weeks had been wet rather than dry. With only countable days of deep blue skies, the rest were gloomy wet weather that I am sure many would shake their heads in disgust. I beg to differ since I am all in awe and passionate for such splendid weather. The forecasts ahead were all filled with rainy days as well. This presumably IS the monsoon season in fall before my favorite winter strolls along.

Though I live in the city furthest from the sea in Japan, I would still wanna observe a good minute of silence to respect those unfortunate souls washed away by the recent earthquake triggered tsunami. In times like this I usually question faith and religion wondering where was the Almighty God when people needed him. Or is it that even the Almighty God cannot interfere with forces of Nature. Or is it God is sending us a sign thru nature that he is displeased with us, our actions, etc.

Nevermind all that since the cold wet autumn is here for a while and I am loving every minute of it. Mornings become lazier because I really don't wanna get out of the warmth that I had built up overnight beneath those thick fleece blankets. And of course I wouldn't dare deny that I would love to wake up beside someone else to cradle and hug...

October for me kicked off with some expensive shopping...DAMN! I should really stay away from the dangerous internet. Grabbed a shoot thru / reflective umbrella and umbrella holder from Photoflex which will of course assist me in those strobists experiments. Grabbed the latest evolution of the Kangol Furgora Trilby in ruffled grey though I already have the precious design in black. Was contemplating whether to get a new 50mm prime lens for my camera but in the end, I decide to hold it. Was eyeing the Sigma HSM 50mm f1.4 DG after doing my research. Another reason for that was because the filter thread of 77mm could easily eat the P.L.D filter I had. Was also considering letting go of my 24-70 to conserve some funds.

Schedule wise, this coming Sat, 3rd Oct, my colleague is getting married 「I really wonder when my turn will be :( *sob* *sob*」 and I am anxiously anticipating shooting them in traditional Kimonos. 7th Oct, have a planned photoshoot exercise with some friends, 9th Oct, a birthday bash to crash and then a 4 day long weekend which I have no plans yet. 10 and 11th Oct, Samurai event in Matsushiro...

Have started to clear my photo back logs and have started to continue with season 4 of the Supernatural series.

So what's your schedule like?

No comments: