Thursday, September 11, 2008

What were you doing back then?

- Never Stop Dreaming -

On this day 7 years back, I was in a room with 11 other boys that would be men soon. The sky was bright in baby blue and there was a single copy of the local newspaper on the desk in the room. I was one of the first few who picked up the papers and observed the front page in silence, not even reading the words printed. The picture of a single building with thick black smoke spewing from the top against a blue backdrop. The picture was slightly bigger than the regular A4 size. Upon reading the fine prints, it was then I realised that the smoking building in the picture was one of the 2 famous towers aka World Trade Center. This was when I realise what had actually happened...the way the news and the world were intended to see.

My point here is not about the fateful day of 9.11 but rather it's a day where I am damn sure everyone actually remembers what they were doing back then. Because the memories tied to this day were linked to an event that was easily remembered and therefore stored in the "readily available ram" in our heads...aka caches. This is one instances that I would like to draw conclusions that it's easier to remember situations, events, etc when they are linked, tied, related to another exclusively independant stimuli. This stimuli of course have to have a fairly significant impact on history itself so recalling this stimuli would trigger all other related memories.

Try recalling what you were doing, what you ate, who you were with 1 week, 7 years ago before 9.11. If you can visualise the images in your head then drop me a mail because I would like to carve a statue of you and offer them to the Gods.

7 years down the roads...today, or even 20 years down the road...I would still remember the events on that day clearly. God Bless and rest in peace.

No comments: