Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Susumu Mukai Mitts

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Recently, I have refunded my crappy Burton gloves to bet my YEN on other non-trash products and so I opted to go for SP-DESIGN's Perfection Mitts with gloves inserts. Well, given that SP-DESIGN's stuffs are from Japan to Japan only, I am pretty sure they are nothing like trash mentioned earlier.

The regular mitts are all sold out which further justifies my personal endorsement for this prduct and I needed a sweet pair of mitt desperately so I picked up the Susumu Mukai's pair. Well Mukai's a pretty famous designer who also happens to do Medicom's stuffs so I was pretty lucky to be once again affliated to my plastics instincts. The mitts were great with leather palm and a fantastic 2 layer Gore-Tex outter shell dabbed in one of Mukai's works. There was even a Medicom Toy tag on the side...! The inner gloves were made outta Gore-Tex Windstopper material and there were nonetheless awesome but a little thin.

Tried and tested, these mitts performed well as I had them on to build my frozen throne and scrapped uneven ice sheets off the car. No damages so far but since I chose a L size over the M size due to uncertainty, they were pretty roomy. I have since tried Thinsulate's gloves with the outter shells and the whole mitt simply puffed up like Fugu.

Well seriously I really have no complains about the mitts as they look great, work great and they come with a bunch of cool stickers, a Mukai's design fabric bag and of course the awesome mitts.

If you ever desire for uber cool mitts for all your snow conquests, I would recommend these but don't bother about looking for them in English, for they are all in Japanese only.

Cheers.

No comments: