Thursday, February 7, 2008

Greetings...in my abscence

- Never Stop Dreaming -

So today is Chinese New Year and all the Chinese around the world should be celebrating and partying except for those folks stranded in China and me who is working day and night with no off or leave.

Well who cares for I am not complaining as I enjoy more than anyone else I guess, it's just a fact that I am stating. Ok point taken and besides it's because I had deliberately chosen this path so of course I am delighted. Somehow it is here in Japan that I really learn to appreciate my roots and respect my own culture...no no no don't ever get me wrong but when I say roots and culture, it's simply means being a SINGAPOREAN CHINESE so don't even try to convince me about the bigger picture.

Maybe I can implicitly infer that I, being the odd one out seems to be the way for me afterall, I am the middle child, the defiant and rebellious one. While in SG, I try to be different from the norm, to stand out among the bland population for all the wrong reasons and now that I am here in Japan, once again I try to stand out among the Japanese. And it's from there that I really really appreciate being a SINGAPOREAN CHINESE. I would have confidently proclaim that if I had never chosen this path from the start, I would still be complaining and whinning about the flaws of the little red dot.

Great great great, I am different and well liked here and I love it. From me, the "Martian", I bring forth new experiences, cultures and values to flood the Japanese, Americans and other foreigners here. I represent a paramount influence on the folks here and the attention I get is simply overwhelming.

Happy New Year peeps back home and have a crazy year ahead!

No comments: