Monday, October 1, 2007

Superb Weekend...Extremely Happy

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Like the title suggests, my weekend was by far (in Japan) the best ever. Last Friday and Saturday, attended my junior high school's festival which also commemorates the 50th anniversary of the school. In autumn, most junior high schools have a huge festival which is like an open house except that they have performances like taiko, song competitions and music by the school's brass band. The experience was nonetheless, GREAT as preparations started 2 weeks earlier after lessons and last Thursday, there was practically no lessons and the whole day was spent tweaking the final aspects of the festival. Had a hell of a fantastic time snapping pictures for the school after being asked by the Kyoto Sensei ( Vice Principal) to be the photographer for the event. Really honoured to be assigned such a prestigious position and so I was walking around the school in formal attire with a tie.

Well, let's just say that I was really likable and friendly so the head of the Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) entrusted his Pentax camera to take pictures for him. His camera had 200mm lenses which was probably like 3 to 5 grand SGD and to handle his delicate and precision equipment meant that he had complete trust in me. So walking around the school with my sweet camera and his professional camera, I was easily mistaken for a real pro photographerfor the event. My cover was only blown after lunch time where I was sweeping the school compound along with the other students. Yep the event was attended by many parents who had initially thought I was some media photographer until they saw me sweeping the school. They were totally taken aback and were heard saying, "Who is that smart looking young man? Wasn't he some photographer for some magazine and why is he sweeping the school?" Luckily for me, the Japanese lessons that I took 5 years ago paid off as I was clearly floating on cloud 9 when I heard that...haha and so the 2 consecutive days of festival ended with feelings of reluctance, tears of joy and sweats of fatigue.

On Sunday, my Boss's husband, Kazu, picked me and my buddy up to crash at theirr place. Arrived at my Boss's place by late afternoon still stoning in the cold, damp weather. It had been raining since Saturday nite and all Sunday long and so my reactions have all been frozen by the cold temperature and the marvelous scenery of Meadows of Gold ( The vast acres of golden rice fields covered in fog...!). My eyes only brighten when my Boss brought me to the cars she promised me...haha and in I hopped into a second hand Toyora Starlet coupe. Though it's automatic, the car was pretty new and had a really nice feel to it. In the back seats were a complete set of snow tyres which would have easily taken ¥50000 outta my pocket. Wheeeee...zoom zoom around in the rain like a little kid experiencing rain dance for the first time. Went out with my bud and another fellow Australian teacher at nite for booze and yakitoris...yummy.

Got Monday off as Saturday was burned for the school event but all was worthwhile upon returning home as I picked up my final parcel for the Death Note figures. Now it's a complete set of 4 and Lawrence my bro, I will send you yours soon...haha happy anticipating it :p

Set up my bank account as well but too bad couldn't secure a cell phone as my working Visa would only be ready this Friday. So there....that's my superb weekend and here's a recap,

1. got my pay
2. got my car (no more stupid ass freezing hitchhikes)
3. got my toys
4. got my bank account
5. paid for my Ronin ALS hooded jacket (coming in a week or 2)

And that's not the end...this coming Friday, I am off and so is the following Monday, yeah 2 super long weekend in a row...*happy* *happy*

So how was your weekend?

1 comment:

Unmasked said...

You got a car!?

You lazy Tofu! Get off your ass and run dammit!

haahhaa... Hey, send me a few bottles of Calpis (I hope its not cow-piss since it doesnt taste like milk. Could be some farmers who's playing a joke on the whole industry, churning out cow-piss as a milk by-product?).

Photos of the new wheels please, Mr Faux Photographer.