Friday, October 5, 2007

Fantastic Friday...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

No school today, another 4 day long weekend...haha and I went to Nagano City to collect my working visa which is literally a little stamp like sticker exactly the same as the one you will get in your passport when you enter Japan. The only difference is that it simply states my profession as an instructor and the 1 year validilty with the from and to dates. It will appear on your passport, that's it...after going through all the trouble like requesting for an application, getting approval and then applying for the visa and then finally getting it, not to mention filling up tons of redundant forms, haha and I wonder if they ever use computers in this technically advanced country. It's funny though as all the information would have been in the computer and they could simply access it rather than the hassle of filling up the same forms with different titles.

Ate some ridiculously good ramen at Nagano city...the best one till date as it had a slight Chinese herb taste in that black soup base which I thought was soy sauce but I was wrong as it had absolutely no soy sauce taste to it. Weird but really really good. Bought a famous Takeda Shingen (武田信玄) "Fu Lin Ka Zan" (風林火山) noren (Japanese curtain) for my room, a plain white sweater and a special Kyoho (巨峰) Kit Kat and then finally after hours of roaming around, I went back to Komoro to check on my Ronin jacket but too bad it had not arrived. But the weather was good and I had quite a nice time walking around Nagano City and then zipping around Komoro and Saku City with my small little car. Hooked up my PSP to my car's audio via a FM transmitter from Yamada Denki and I was good with my own playlist.

Got home around 8 pm and cook some superbly springy miso ramen instant noodles...and though it's instant noodles, once you eat it, those found in Singapore stores are not even worth to be on the shelfs. It's crazy how instant noodles can taste like those found in a real ramen store, cooked and prepared by a master chef. Pinned up my noren after dinner and now updating my sweet blog...I am happy...yeah yeah yeah :p

Here's the pic of the Kyoho Kit Kat that I had ripped of the net as I am too lazy to take my own pic... :p

No comments: