Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fantasy Surreal

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Here are the pictures of my trek up Mt. Asama on Nov 4th. The scenery that I captured along the way up the base camp.





This is the foot of the base camp where a outdoor onsen resides. The main gate bears a Japanese significance that a shrine is up ahead which also indicates a sacred place...



Here is looking back at the initial trail from the gate...


And here is looking forward at the rest of the trekkers.


Passing little streams and dense vegetation.



Then the abscence of greenery is replaced by the vast blue sky and meadows of gold. Being the last in the group, I captured the second last photographer in out group who would not hesitate to expand a couple of minutes for any shutter chance. The blue in the sky is greatly enhanced by the PLD filter I got which makes exceptional scenery shots.







The summit in the backdrop of Asama with streaks of snow. Notice how the scenery is so wickedly gorgeous it's almost unreal where reality is illutionalize into a surreal painting.


Arrival at the second and last base camp for a break. Nothing here except a log hut with loads of firewood stashed up, toilet, an outdoor dining area and a little shrine.



Here is the little shrine where we prayed for snow.




One last shot of the fantasy like scenery before going for the final acend.


Notice how I cropped the top left of the above picture and flipped it horizontally to rid the modern technologies to create a perfect fantasy scenery which I have titled, Fantasy Surreal.


The last acend.




Taking a much deserved break which have depleted almost 80% of juice in my battered body. My heart burning strong and my soul whisking my sanity closer to the summit. I have set out for a cause so I am determiined to complete it despite all set back which was totally uncalled for. I have to summit.


More shutter chance...



A prospective chance to utilize my photography skills and also to test my current level. Using the PLD capabilities, and some amateur experience, I managed to obtain these satisfactory shots of last ardous acend to the summit. It's was also here that I managed to get a superb bokeh shot of the weird rock structure which resembled a grave. The distance between the main subject and the backdrop slope to the summit was pretty long, this was an opportunity to capture an artistic view with a bokeh effect.





Gifu in Gunma Precfecture in the back


The summit (literally)...rising above all odds and emerging from the clouds...


The prohibited path to the crater of the volcano...


And the prohibited last 100 metres to the top.



Aaaaahhhhhh...FRESH air




No comments: