Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Exclamation of Immerse Joy

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Nearly weeks of my constant and growing dispair, finally today at the break of early morning around 10am everything ended abruptly. It finally snowed again...and this time, it snowed for a long time. It was a virgin sight for me as I couldn't help it but to stare outside in the midst of teaching. Yep, the students were distracted as well but at least I took the initiative to redeem myself by explaining to them that this is the first time I am seeing snow. Well not entirely true since I witnessed it weeks ago but like I had said, the snow kept falling and falling. They floated across the windows in various sizes.

It continued to snow until 2.40pm where I had to go outside the school and sweep the front steps which is a routine where everyone in the school, both teachers and students had to help clean the school. I stood there bathing in the snow...they hit me one by one only to land gently on me and dissolve. You could clearly see the bigger snow flakes land and then dissolve. I like it.

Initially it was cold but still bearable but when you start moving around, it's not really that cold anymore and besides, coming from SG, I tend to have a better tolerence of the cold as compared to the rest who have braced the winter for so long. Even little kids half my age would have at least 1 year of winter in their records to beat me. OooOoOoOOoh, this is definitely the kinda of weather I had only imagined in SG and now, haha, I am almost floating in my dreams beyond belief and denial of reality.

Well, the cold tends to bite into the cartilage on the top of my ears which was a weird feeling. It felt as though there were zillions of tiny needles piercing my ears. And that the air is really dry so you can feel your hands, skin, face, lips and another expose skin take the beating as they felt like being drained of moisture.

With the afternoon sun peeping thru the clouds, I know that the snow will be gone soon but I just wished that it will stay a little longer to let me dance and play in it. The ground are still expose and not covered in ANY snow so please let it snow a little longer.

1 comment:

the Dees said...

hey.., great piece of writing there.. planning to come back and read. In the meanwhile, just peep into our blog too..
thanks.