Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bright Spirits

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Waking up today, I could sense the light of dawn creeping into my dimly lit room as I snugly arched into a little shrimp like position beneath 3 layers of blankets. On cold winter mornings, the tendency to snug a little longer is much more prominient than any other seasons. The reason is because the little warmth that was built up beneath the blankets was to cosy to trade for the chilly temperature in the room.

Ultimately, due to work and a sense of responsibility, I had to get up and make breakfast, wash up, check my gear and get ready to go to work. With a little peek outside to check for snow, I was deeply disappointed as the view from my heavily frosted windows clearly showed expose ground and grasses. So I went out to grab my PSP from the car to load it up with the tunes I wanted for the day and "My Gosh!" I exclaimed. The view from my window was clearly not a sufficient indicator for accurately predicting the entire scenery. I was deceived by my own pre-judgement.

On the outside, I was denied of an entirely pure white eye feast but instead, it was 90% close. But it wasn't snow, it was frost and so I put on my slippers to take a stroll. The next thing I knew I was on the ground...you see the slippers I had wore had ZERO grooves and so I slipped on the little slope outside my house with barely 5 steps.

Well, I wasn't even pissed and much to my delight I was actually happy. The little tumble had added a much crucial experience to my life that is, winter is full of surprises. I was happy...the view was great, everywhere was covered in a thick fog with visibility reduced to a measely 6 to 10 metres. Even when I am penning this right now in my school, the view outside the windows are simply a plain sheet of white. Along the way to school, there was a really nice shutter chance but too bad I didn't have time to snap it.

So the moral of this entry...winter is cool (pun intended), full of surprises and everywhere is slippery. Ha...I am still enjoying my first winter and still looking for more surprises awaiting me.

Cheerios and make sure I get discredited if you do get caught by your boss reading my blog during work hours. Enjoy...

No comments: