Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dampen Disappointment

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Well, it rained so much yesterday nite and continued till this morning leaving so much moisture all around. The grasses were emerging from the dead of winter displaying the bright green of spring which I utterly disgust. The only consolation is the gloomy nature of the overcast skies with a thick fog blinding visions.

Yep I have a fad for gloom and dead environment and I have since made it my ideal utopia. There is so much mystery and danger such environments have to offer which makes life a little more "interesting" I would say.

Back in SG, snow is nothing but a busted myth in stories and old wives' tales which have little or no scienctific values. That was then I fell deeply in love with Lady Rain. The overcast skies she brought, the rain drops knocking on my windows and the gentle chill was all that I ever wanted. Gloomy grey skies void of colors, angry people disgusted with rain, accidents...OooOoohh...Pure Bliss for me eventhough one might consider me weird. When everyone detested and complained, I simply basked and dance in the rain...

For a long time the rain was my friend, my silent confidante and my pillar of support. The rain cried with me when I was destroyed, the rain shared my joy when I was out of control and the rain washed away sad memories and bring new ones. It was then I knew that she would never be there for long for the sun will always shine after the rain. And that simple philosophy became one of my life's principles.

Now being able to experience snow, I am deeply regretful for having invested deeply in my new found friend. Sometimes I do hope that it would snow instead of rain but I felt no remorse or guilt for turning my back on the cherished times. New experiences are indeed adventurous and tempting but it was only until this morning where I realised how much I had missed her, my Lady Rain. The rain had completely deviod me of any snow which I had been eagerly anticipating to an extent that I actually felt betrayed. It's winter so snow would be the proper path of nature and not rain.

However, the dampen greyish ambience with a complete abscence of other bright colors, combined with the cold morning fog created my ultimate utopian vision which brought back those sweet memories instantly. I was relieved and disappointment left me abruptly.

I'd guess I would just have to love the both of them in the end.

Cheers

No comments: