Thursday, February 19, 2009

What?! Again?!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Yesterday, Wednesday 18th day of the second month of the year 2009. Once again I failed my driving test for the 3rd time. As expected, converting my 10 year old SG licence to the Japanese one had been quite a hassle. Not because I can't drive for God's sake but the petite, bespetacled Japanese "Police Officer" was pretty adamant to pass foreigners. Each time I take the test, it cost ¥2,400 so if I had passed on the 1st attempt, that would had been a huge slap in his face. The way I look at it, it's all about the money...see if the dumb foreigner fails 5 times in a row, that's ¥10,000 for the company. Think new roads, cars, fuel, upgrades, etc.

Alternatively the foreigner can go to a driving school, take a full credit course and pass with flying colors and a certified driving diploma. Or he can take as many practice lessons as he like in the nearby driving school. Either way, it would have been anything between ¥30,000 to ¥50,000. Unfair, bias and pure bullshit...and yes indeed I am very unhappy about how converting my 10 year old licence is so farking difficult. Of course the petite little man cannot demand an upfront payment but he simply put it in such a humble and justifiable manner which makes it all so undesirable.

Each time I fail, the reasons I was faulted were new and almost dumb errors like the correct positioning of the hands on the steering wheel. And each time I correct these errors, they will fault me on new and totally bullshit errors.

Angst angry and very very angry because I have to take a day of leave specifically to go and take the dumb test. Each time I fail, I would indulge myself in a huge feast just to appease my anger. Sigh...

No comments: