Monday, February 2, 2009

Another salvaged weekend

- Never Stop Dreaming -

This weekend was well planned ahead, weeks prior and everyone was set for snowboarding. Unfortunately, the foul weather brought rain, thunderstorms and minutes before departing on a rainy Saturday morning, people started backing out. Mails, phonescalls, etc and I was already convinced that unless you are really in to snowboarding, thunderstorms are probably sufficient to put you off. Since everyone bailed on me and that I wasn't going snowboarding alone, I went back to sleep at 0730 after undressing, brushing my teeth and setting my mac up to complete the certain tasks. Woke up with a splitting headache as the Sun was peeking in and warming up my room by late afternoon, around 1400 hours.

Met up with a friend for some late lunch and caught up with her after not seeing her for a rather long time. Then headed to the usual Ueda joint with the usual boring crowd. Luckily Emi returned my missed call and off I go to another party, Kazu's house warming. Here I met some of the most gorgeous people on Earth and yes I was jealous. Met another avid photographer using the same camera body as mine. Played around with the menacing flash set up and whisked a couple of pretty decent shots...still processing them. Had a great time chatting with Andrew.

Sunday, went out with Andrew who will most probably set me up for a big party in Canada this year end. Hopefully it will be rationalise so I can to to Canada for a short break. Went to Round 1 in Nagano City where a measely ¥1,500 for 3 hours of various sports like baseball batting, basketball, soccer, archery, darts, volleyball, airgun, table tennis, tennis, roller blading, and a wild time in the arcades. Because every game in the arcade is free, I ended up playing 2 hours of games and completing 4 games in total. I will be most willing to come down here again to play arcade for free. Headed back home around 1900 hours and while it was snowing in Nagano City, my city was nothing short of a cloudless sky with stars. Drove to my school, set the camera up with a tripod in the vast field, blazing the chilly winds, I did manage to frame my school against the back drop of glittering stars in the darkness. Reached home around 2200 hours, shower and dinner and had a nice chat with Her Royal Highness, The Mighty Little Bear till 0100 hours. Tired and really worn out, I hit SlumberLand.

Still waiting to buy my camera gear so I can set up more photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we have the same taste regarding this snow sports trips. I have some recommendation my friend if you want to try and visit new places which are very comfortable to hang and enjoy with friends also. Visit freshpeaks. Cheers.

小郎 said...

Thanks...nice site by the way but I hit Nozawa Onsen in Nagano Prefecture in Japan for all my boarding needs.