Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes I do not deny...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

This post has got to be one of those that I should put a passlock to prevent un-authorize access but why go through all the trouble I thought. Hmm...I shall not deny and I will not deny that I am an Otaku (Japanese Geek) who loves figures, toys and menacing mechas...but at the same time I also love fashion both traditional and present. I like to think that clothes define the person beneath it and not only does it reflect on a person's taste, habits and social outlook, it also reveals the constantly evolving mentality of the person.

And indeed I am very much obsessed in the beautiful female form clad in traditional Kimonos wielding a Katana. Not quite as grotesque aka Kill Bill style but take away the blood, severed heads and blonde and throw in Japanese school girls in Samurai gear. Ahhh...that's what I am talking about. It's just that the Kimonos have this particular appeal that draws me in like a black hole. The delicate and lady demeanor exhibited with the Kimonos are in opposite contrast with the harsh steel blades of the Samurais who are feared both physically and mentally. This is the kind of conflicting metaphor I really have an enormous obsession with. The subject in question is drape in exquisite gear which defines the family background and upbringing but the Katana in hand sends an otherwise ambiguous conflicting signal. It makes people like me question our own intepretations and beliefs and that is exactly why it's so interesting.

If you ask me to relate this to the present culture, I can simply say that to me a lady clad in a white shirt with cuffs, tight jeans with heels are the perfect blend to knock me over. It sure feels like having an 18 wheeler humiliating me on the long desert route in Texas. The shirt have a formal appeal which represents command and status while the jeans have an informal approach of a rebel and wild party chick. Then the heels seems to have a I-am-dangerous-so-don't-mess-with-me attitude to top it off. There, my first comprehensive and detailed report of my ideal lady who I will not say "no" to any of her request. Hey I may be highlighting one of my weaknesses here but you can be sure I know there are likes of females out there who will not hesitate to exploit this loophole on me. So bring them on and see if you can conquer me...

Alrite because I love toys and clothes so much the figure below have to be added to my vast collection. Besides the above mentioned "Perfect" combi, throw in a fox and you'd bet it's God's sent. Foxes might have an undesired meaning in Chinese culture for being sly and jinxed but in some Japanese cultures, they are worshipped as Gods aka Oinarisama (お稲荷様). Fushimi Inari Taisha (伏見稲荷大社) is one such structure dedicated to the Sacred Fox. Yep and I do love Foxes in Kimonos with Katanas.

1/7 scale 天狐 空幻, (Tenko Kūgen) from the animation 我が家のお稲荷さま (Wagaya no Oinari-sama)



Being Chinese, I do love the "Wayang" (Chinese Opera) costumes less the fanciful makeup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need help... doing a project for school... need you to confirm and touch up the words... translators suck big time i know grammer and everthing would screw up... n i din know where to contact you but this blog.. hahaz... so here goes.. are all these right? email it back to me? look4xandra@yahoo.com asap!!! need need need ur help w this. u're the expert.

デザイン = design
見なさい = look
ホーム = home
ここに見なさい = look here
これは私である = this is me
生きたのデザイン = design is alive
私はここに正しくある = I’m right here
何に見ているか = what are you looking at?
私を見つけなさい = find me
いるところ = where are you
ここに私はある = here I am
それを感じる = do you feel it
私はあなたのである = I am yours
見ることは信じている = seeing is believing
見るもの得る = you get what you see
私の心 = my mind
私を感じなさい = feel me
私に会う = do you see me

xandy