Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stussy Singapore Closed but...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Stussy Singapore has officially shut it's doors after more than 10 over years due to increasing rental rates. According to some reports online, apparently World Tribe who holds the label in Singapore had decided not to renew the lease after it ended somewhere in July 2008. With the main boutique gone, there are only certain outlets which still carry Stussy stuffs like Flash and Splash and some pockets of Far East Shopping Centre.

So in a mixture of emotional turmoil, I am both sad and glad with regards to the closure. Firstly, I have been a avid fan of the label for a long time and to see it being encased in white construction panels with a "Thank you for your support over the years..." plastered on it, I knew this was the end. However World Tribe does not rule out re-opening it if a suitable location surfaces.

Well, I must say I am glad because here in Japan, there will always be a strong following for fashion both high end and street labels. So prominent to the extent that new season releases will usual be greeted with a long queues of hardcore fans. Now with such intense support, it's no wonder that Stussy Japan even have in house designers exclusively for the Japanese market.

This simply means that I get to parade around SG in Japan Exclusive Stussy gear which will instantly put me into stardom. Alrite...doing my bit for my fellow SGreans, drop me an email if you do find my blog and if you do find something from Stussy Japan that you badly want. I will be more than happy to ship them back home...wear the clothes and not let them wear you, all you fashionistas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Sad but SG's stussy is closed! ):

小郎 said...

Yeah that's really a pity.