Thursday, July 3, 2008

The clock is ticking...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Sometimes I really wonder if it's better be quiet if one have nothing good to say. But well if there are other remedies for the expulsion of explicit thoughts, I would say go do it. No one is gonna get hurt so further complications are spared. Yep I am a little displaced right now as a throbbing random pulse is wrecking havoc in my head...might be a blocked artery or something. So I am indeed struggling since last night but the early morning rain and the dense background of white fog is a consolation otherwise.

Once again making sense of cents, neglected my mum's advice and here I am dreading over the insane oil prices. This global phenomenon have adversely affected my pay check and why, because I have secured my trip back to SG in the midst of the soaring oil prices. You see my mum had asked to me get the tixs earlier because of the soaring oil prices some 4 months ago but because each time I go online to check the prices, it's always hovering around the ¥50,000 region. Little to my understanding that this is just the surface price EXCLUDING the taxes and fuel cost.

Dang! That one damage from clicking the "Confirmation" button on my mouse proved almost fatal. "Your final price for a 2 way round trip ticket from Narita bound for SG is....¥82,000" "Wah Kaoz!" I yelled in the abscence of no one (yeah I live alone in the mountains in a 300 year old hut!) and "ouch!" that hurts. Converted to SG it would be like over a thousand to go home and then come back (and continue my meditation...hahaha!)

By this time the SG side of me have clearly banished my other personalities and facades. Lah, Li, and Lor came spewing out from my mouth followed by the Kan Na Sai (KNS) and other ambiguities that only a TRUE SGrean can understand.

Alrite that aside and apart from the fact that I will touch down in SG on 24th July and depart on the 18th of Aug, つまり、「ただいま」ということです。Yep "Yokoso SG" for the kampung kid has return. Back in SG, here are the things I want to do (not according to any order of importance) -

1. Eat Roti Prata
2. Eat Char Siew and BBQ Pork Rice
3. Eat Wantan Mee
4. Eat Bah Chor Mee
5. Eat Nasi Goreng Ayam
6. Eat Nasi Lemak
7. Eat Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia
8. Eat Famous Amos Cholocate Chip Cookie
9. Eat Vegetarian
10. Eat everthing else that is Singaporean

for beefing up to prepare for winter.

11. Chill at St. James
12. Chill at Equinox
13. Chill at Altivo
14. Chill at Ministry of Sound
15. Chill at Zouk

for all the lost night life.

16. Go see my brother's new house
17. Go see my Grandma
18. Go out with my friends
19. Go to the Army Market
20. Go shopping

for fulfilling my obligations

And here are the things I want to avoid.

1. Running into Made in China people
2. Eating Japanese Food
3. Not have time for watching Channel 8 dramas
4. Go for reservice

Got myself a MADE IN JAPAN (yeah I can't stress more) Technics RP-DJ1200 K headphones to pamper my audiophile geeky nature after the alleged Made in China Crap sank on me. Sounds great I would say but these babies are cheap here and lethal in SG. Still trying to break in the sound by pumping hard trance over the next couple of days. So by the time I fly back to SG I will have them plugged in to my Ipod Touch or PSP to ride it out on the trains or long road trips. But before that I have already scheduled them for the trip to Tokyo and then from Tokyo back to SG.

Will be rather busy this month, packing my stuffs as if I am a fugitive, sending stuffs back home, cooking "Angry Penne", trying to win the Spanish league with Real Madrid in Winning Eleven 9 and other misc errands. But school related and the "What to bring home" luggage slogging is taking quite a toll.

Will have American friends visiting me in SG as well as catching up with my SG friends and Japanese friends all in ma homeland. Not that I am really all that excited to go back but to escape the scorching heat of summer here and then be back just in time to catch the autuum and then the chilly white winter, doesn't sounds bad at all.

Ok last notes...

Read the news this morning on Channel News Asia webbie on the piracy in China with regards to the Olympics. Sure had a good laugh and indeed it brightened my day. The word "Fake" were used with little constraint from CDs to DVDs, movies to books, from LV to Gucci in the article but I was hoping to see people, attitude, character. Well there weren't exact or direct inferences but if you do read between the lines, you will see that a huge "WE ARE A HUGE SUPERFICIAL JOKE just for the Olympics!" scrawled in bold red font across the main page. God I can't express how much I love the "Chinese" for being so shallow. It's almost as if going into the men's toilet and seeing your long lost army kaki peeing and then because you got nothing to say you actually spurted, "Eh long time no see, peeing ah?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

「おかいり」

=)