Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The long arms of the law.

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Upon reading the news, I was swept of my feet with wilderment. This is yet another high profile figure being caught with his pants down but the HUGE difference in this one is that he is cleanly shaven, draped in pale tunic and a very much respected figure of religion.

He, in question have scaled buildings and attempted insane feats to capture the audiences' sympathy just to rake in funds for the "right" cause. But is he really doing all these to justify the need to rake in zillions simply for charity, or are there other hidden motives behind it?

Well done Mr Ren Ci Master, Very Vulnerable Shi Ming Yi...although no evidence have been pointed against you for the intended usage of those syphoned funds, I really won't give you any credit this time simply because you lack originality. T.T. Durai have clearly spearheaded the SG "Bogus" Charity campaign and have even landed himself first place in Wikipedia so I have to say "Sorry dude, copycats are as good as piracy so go carve your niche somewhere else!" Even Edison can come up with unique pants down situation so try harder Mr Monk.

Thankfully I so happen to be one of those really irritating wackos that your parents, bosses and friends have warned you about concerning donations and charities. Hell yeah, they were damn right...of all those blood and sweat that I have toiled to make these few measely pennies, I can comfortably say maybe a mere SGD$50 had slipped outta my grasp these 27 years to charities. Hmm...maybe only to animals and other non human related purposes.

Once again, I see people who have believed in faith so blindly that they have lost their cause for believing. There are even people who will stand against justice just to preserve their faith. Somehow I have seen more adversities brought forth by faith than any other known anomalities. So let me remind you once and again that...

Faith, as a religion have blinded so many fools who are readily prepared to toss their money away. (Remember God only help people who are born dumb and not those who choose to be DUMB!)

Faith, as a religion have torn lands and brought wars. (Remember the Crusades, Nazis, Terrorism?)

Faith, as a religion have been tarnished and is nothing more than a celebrity status. (Remember the new religion created by some Holly "Cow" Wood celebrity who believes in signs? Or the not so bright Sun Ho "Ho Ho Ho" from SG sometime ago?)

As much as I respect the man in question, I really give you the upmost honour to use God's name like using toilet paper, use and throw. Is God there for you to believe in the first place? Are lingos like karma and retribution even remotely close to your sanity? Then again what makes you any different from other extremists like the Fa Lun Gong sect or the Aum Shinrikyo.

Hmm, not to slay any followers of any particular religion but I would simply like to remind people that God and religion are something beyond science and cannot be measured. It's is probably better to take them with a pinch of salt. Unless I meet God in the face one day, I will try not to offend God but neither will I contribute to God's cause blindly. So you bet I will be keeping my eyes peeled to see how the God and Justice tag team take down these bogus cons as God's team are down 1 to the Bogus Cons.

No comments: