Monday, July 14, 2008

It sure feels like home

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Over the weekend, interesting events happened and boy was I glad. Attended a toned down Gion Matsuri (祇園祭) in HonMachi (本町), Komoro where Japanese Mikoshi (神輿) were being carried along the streets. You know those huge insane and heavy structures like oversized Chinese sedans carried by the towns people dress in Happi(s) where they rock it and spin it wildly like Sanja Matsuri (Click here for info) in Asakusa, Tokyo and the real Gion Matsuri (Click here for more info) in Kyoto. This was simply a minature version of it but nonetheless, it was impressive.

After the festival, there was a mini company getogether where the Singaporean (SG), Canadian (CA), American (AM) and the New Zealander (NZ) slug it out for the last man standing. It was outright funny when the NZ spurted how disgusted he, comparing Singapore and New Zealand 40 years down the road from 1960s. He said, "Back then Singapore was pretty much on the same level as us or even lower if I could remembered it but now, look where we are. You guys are already way past the infrastructure age and moving into space age where we are still rearing sheeps and throwing stones." I liked the man...and his name was James.

The other 2 contender were the Canadian, Adam and his friend Derrick whom I met only on Saturday. None the less all agreed to the SG when I fished out the infamous ROTAN. End of the day, it was a draw.

On Sunday, took on the role of a photographer for my friend's 1st darts contest held in his humble shop. Yep it was pretty crowded and intense but too bad there weren't much fluctuations in the mixture of genders. Being a photographer, I was prepared for an eye candy experience but was left pretty disappointed when there were only 2 females there among the the sea of guys in black. Hmmm I guess it's time I audition somewhere else.

So on Sunday night while driving back home I met Bambi's cousins. 2 adolescent deers were right in the path leading to my house and yep, they were gorgeous. Passing them about 500 metres, 2 racoons were trailing the roadside and another 300 metres later, a single lone fox crossed the road. Night safari right in the neighbourhood where I live, now ain't that cool.

That's so much for the weekend but I did remembered last year during winter, I did entered a post mocking my fellow Singaporeans how I am enjoying the white winter in their abscence. Right here right now, I deeply regreted those words. For the crazy summer heat had caught up with me. To think that I left Singapore for that brain-roasting weather, it actually followed me all the way here. *Sob* *Sob* I am sad...Feeling sticky and lethargic, I can't find the motivation to do anything. And in the attempt to appease my inner desire, I have became a full nudist in my own house. This house traps more heat in summer and offer less heat retention in winter so in fact I am getting the most out out nature. Luckily for me there are not may "Complain Kings" here to paparazzi my nude shots...hehe and no HDB to come knocking on my door. Alrite that's occasional...

So how's it back in SG? For the Kampung Kid is due to return soon...but back home I guessed it's much worse rite? Ok ok...you are most welcome to join me here this winter and you can be sure I won't charge you a single cent for my own "Petting Zoo" located right outside my house.

CLICK HERE FOR AN ALTERNATE SUMMER EXPERIENCE

No comments: