Thursday, June 19, 2008

Of Cents and Sense

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Alrite what do you make of the title? Mind bloggling I'd guess but hey that's the exact reason why I am coming up with this entry. Does it make sense to you when concerning cents...of course it does, doesn't it? Afterall every penny and quarter that you make are traded off the youth, toil and sweat that you have forsake.

So do I and here I am trying hard to make ends meet with the international soaring oil crisis, food and daily necessities are not spared either. While we can't influence the macro factors, we certainly can refine the nano factors. While things are still pretty alrite here except for fuel which have rose by 50 yen a litre, I still have funds to stash up every month end.

But coming from the party animal like me entertainment is of equal importance as any other daily necessities. In fact, robbing me of it is as good as asking me to forsake meals...impossible. Especially if I live in the middle of the God's forsaken land with cute racoons and pesky bugs but no homo sapiens to interract with. And so still on the topic of entertainment, I have been hanging out at some darts bar here and there. Picking my my first set of free darts after scoring some qualifying points thanks to lady luck, I have continued to practice this new sport as there are no pool tables in bars. You see how the Cents connect to the Sense here is that because I know the owner of the bar, because I drive to get to anywhere and because I do not want to get deported for Driving Under Influence (DUI), I do not intoxicate myself with alcohol. I get juice and sodas accompanied with snacks all on the house.

In this way, I keep the the spirit of "you can take the kid outta the entertainment but you can never take the entertainment outta the kid!". With most of my weekends hanging out and playing darts, I got most part of the entertainment covered with minimal expenses. But I just hope this gentle sport of hurling plastic tip darts do not evolve into some Shuriken Frenzy aka Akihabara Stabbing Spree (read ASS) as it's is steadily gaining popularity here in my area.

And the last words are nope the catastrophic Miyagi earthquake did not affect me as I was snoozing like a dead log when it happened. My heart goes out to the victims of Nature's warth from China to Myanmar, from Japan to Iowa.

No comments: