Monday, June 23, 2008

Bambi up close and personal

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Not that I am really sure the Mum or the Dad actually calls it Bambi but hey, it's like 99% aesthetically cloned outta the original Disney Bambi. Yep I almost ran over it yesterday with my Evil Blue Starlet. You see I was cruising along the forest path to my house in the heavy rain around late afternoon when this vividly wicked imagery of a brown animal that looked like a dog stood in the middle of the road.

Easing on the gas, I brought the car to a crawling pace in an attempt to verify the animal and when I was pulling close to a mere 10 metres or so I was like "Whoa?! Isn't that Bambi?" Stared at me was all Bambi did...it didn't barge or move but it just stood there and stared at me. It was a sweet sight...drenched brown fur with white spots and sparkling innocent eyes of a baby deer that was probably about 1 to 2 years old. Roughly the size of a golden retriever and very cuddly. The sinister thought of kidnapping it for a pet did cross my mind as I admired it's beauty in awe but Mummy and Daddy's probably watching somewhere close. A stag to my rib wasn't exactly my ideal way to spend a cold, gloomy Sunday so I watched as the little Bambi trottled into the forest.

What an experience...not something that I can say the same if I am in Singapore. Besides being mobbed by the stray monkeys in nature reserves are not desired for me as well. It's a pity that my camera wasn't with me and the rain was masking the dear. Nonetheless, it was really really pleasant to meet Bambi.

No comments: