Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10 years of dreaming and soon months of reality!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Hmmm I had always believed that dreams are very important for some people but even more important for those who not only dare to dream but to realise it. I live by my own "never stop dreaming" principle since some dunno how many years ago and it got me here today enjoy a different part of the world. Dreams are after all, a possible reality in the future if one never stop dreaming and continue to do whatever it takes to be 1 step closer.

Like a geeky bespectacled fat kid in the neighbourhood, I was very much the going-thru-puberty-displaced-but-dreamy 10 year old kid back then dreaming about lots of stuffs. I love cars, games, toys, guns, electronic stuffs and other geek related passion. But back then it was merely all child's play. Then when I reached 17, I was introduced to a taste of the real world, the REALITY and it was then I realised that the very first car I fell for was a dark grey Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV on display at IMM. From there I learn more about the other machines and finally I found myself declaring my first and ever maiden love for a car, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V.

The bold styling of the car itself, the huge fenders, the huge lamps and spoilers made the Evolution V every boy's dream machine, well at least for me. It was a "Man's" car compared to other sleek but small feminine cars. For some good years I never wavered my love for the Evolution V, not even the mighty GTR could wet my appetite a bit.

Now cars, not RC cars, not Tomy cars, not Matchbox cars...these real drivable machines are always a huge fad but sadly in SG, the price of owning one would be a huge liability for many so the average kid like me could only drool and wish. Somehow I see you jumping to the conclusion that I am going to buy one but hey, you are definitely not wrong, I am indeed gonna buy myself a mean machine but not the Evolution V.

Sometime in the late 98 to 99 period, an extremely sleek machine with lines of elegance stole my heart. I swore it was an affair because I still very much loved the Evo V but each breath I took, each day that passed, I sank deeper into the depths of this new attraction. The eyes were like no other that I had ever seen, they were so full of grace and yet always communicating silently without the exchange of words. It was the beginning of an era where I could literally "feel" the soul of the cold metal coming alive. For 10 odd years, I lived my life in denial that such a fine machine was not possible to achieve but I didn't not gave up the dream of "feeling" one. I worked hard, dreamed harder and made a resolution that what ever I couldn't realise in SG, I would do it in the land of the origin, Japan.

10 years down the road, before I am 30, right at the 29 mark, I am gonna awake from this dreamy slumber and enter reality. The thoughts of owning one very soon is getting me all hyped up...it will possibly be the most expensive acquisition of my life beating the Canon 5D Mark II but once again, it will be another dream realised. Though I still have concerns about getting it but to fulfil 10 years of waiting is more than enuff to justify it...the last legend of the magnificent line of "S", the Strawberry will be mine!

No comments: