Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Gods have failed...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

In a huge twist of total mental entanglement, I find myself waking up this morning to utter disappointment. Winter is a season where snow is a usual phenomenom but sadly this is not the case because here, it seems like snow is more of a uncertain blessing. Rain was all I got from last night...I mean rain is fine for me in other seasons but rain in winter is probably the most dreaded experience. Temperatures rose to a high of 8 degrees which makes me feel like this is summer during the rainy days. What a load of crap and a huge waste of precious time...the Gods really have been slacking too much or is it that they have forgotten this place?

Yesterday I waited an entire day for the verdict of my much anticipated job placement but got no updates till I called the "Boss" a oouple of times to find him really busy and not able to answer or return my call. Then I tried one last time in a desperate attempt to irritate the shit outta him that I really really want the job and he returned my call while he was in the midst of a meeting to decide my fate. Guess like my desperation paid off...

Unfortunately I wasn't given an answer since the verdict was not reached but he did called me sometime late in the night like 7pm-ish to confirm a meeting with me today about various issues. Now I am not really sure what this could mean because this is Japan but if it was in SG, I swore it would be a confirmation of the job. So nothing much I can do but to pay him a visit later this evening before I update anything concrete.

Nonetheless, I crashed a "house" party, literally house music party last night. The music was good but the fusion of other genres instead of pure house was a little disappointing since I wasn't a fan of messy garbage. Meet up with my local cronies and met their cronies. The 35 year old married Japanese men weren't too impressive since the conversation with them was nothing more than the usual gutter filth they could squeeze outta their shallow minds. But they have rather awesome jobs...one flies around the world hunting for good coffee beans to bring to Japan which I told him regular Japanese coffee was like water and he totally agreed. The other ran a family run business dishing out German sausages, cuisine infused with Japanese influences. But the "star" which I was having some of the most inspiration conversation with was a Nepalese who look no different than the local SG Malay counterparts except the wear and tear of age.

Ever since I found out about the place Patan, I had always wanted to visit it and maybe around other parts like Kathmandu, Nepal or Tibet but the lack of resources held me back for a while. Now this is a local that I was talking to and he was more than happy to give me a personal guided tour when I asked him about it. I mean who wouldn't if a strange geeky face pretty boy foreigner showed interested in your homie country...I would. Got his number and started mingling around with the other folks in the lounge. That was about it before heading home at 0030 in the morning.

No comments: