Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Prophets and Prophecies

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Over the weekend, some strange things happened and though I tried to interpret what the hell just happened, I couldn't even scrape the the shavings off the sides.

What started out as an ordinary Saturday evening with some concept photography going on at a rather spectacular rocket place, things took a sour end towards the dawn of Sunday morning. After the photography session, I headed to a party with a friend, a fellow photographer enthusiast. The theme of the party would send most guys losing rational logical reasoning due to it's erotic nature, but sadly, I wasn't impressed.

The venue where the party would be held was definitely commendable where the dim lights, the arrangement of the furniture and the ambience blended in perfectly to resemble a neat club type of theme. One of the better grounds I would visit again since the rest were simply shady, crammed and smog filled. 2 portable but sturdily positioned steel poles were in placed cordoned off by chain barriers. The theme for the night or rather the main attraction of this party was, pole dancing. As the hordes of crowds roll in, mostly pathetic males with pea sized brains, I began to "study" the place, the people, etc like a potential psychopath. Unfortunately, only a small fraction, rather, like only less than 5 of the female "population" there cleared my strigent criteria for lens food. I brought both film and digital for the event not for the fanciful pole dancing but more for the candid crowd shots.

Alas, as the night went on, the show soon started with 4 scantily clad ladies from Tokyo to appease the crowd. I took a little while to appreciate the huge contrast in the reactions of the males from the females, much to my expectations, I was right on. Except the bartenders, the DJs dishing out some really good tunes, majority of the guys were completely smittened by the sex appeal of those ladies. The female form in the least amount of legally acceptable modesty paraded and then slithered on the cold steel poles defying gravity. Out of the 4 ladies, at least for me, only 1 had a good sex appeal not because of the skimpy undergarments but because of the way she moves and how she perfectly excuted a "ceiling walk" that the rest did not. I did enjoy the show since these ladies were awesome in pulling off some incredible moves. Not only did they opened my vision to pole dancing, I have so much more respect to the art itself than the typical erotic nature. *Clap* *Clap* *Clap* Nothing like I have seen back home in SG.

In between the little pockets of dancing, I would glance around to observe the candid crowd. Then I spotted a presumably "pro" photographer with his twin Nikon setups with flash. Not sure if it was coincidence, the bespectacled, slightly plump middled aged man going thru life crisis type of greasy bloke in the bad fashion sense seems to be THE kinda photographer that I see at events where hot ladies in skimpy clothes were concerned. Dang...I was beginning to wonder if photography as a job would put me along the same lines with him in years ahead. Shit ass scary even thinking about it. While I was concentraing to frame the exotic dances in an artistic way, peeking into this particular "pro's" LCD showed a different perspective, the kind that only featured strategic bits of the female form in adult publications. I shook my head in disgust and thought, "Where are the superior intellectually challenged species where I can share a good piece of conversation?"

With all that action coming to and end for the 1st round, with round 2 and 3 later into the young morning of Sunday, I took a little breather outside at the parking lot. I looked up and admired the still of the night and saw 2 shooting stars within 30 seconds apart. I really wondered what that really meant...a sign from God waiting to be deciphered? It was here where I found a friend of mine and someone whom had been introduced to me earlier discussing some intense issues. Friend H was drunk and was gonna head back home in a "Daiko", H was worried about K who was also apparently drunk so H "entrusted" K in my care. I wasn't sure what to do since I only met K like an hour ago thru H. So I seeked the help of an aquaintance, KC. While the 3 of us were discussing what to do with K who was badly intoxicated with alcohol, no one bothered K who was shivering in the parking lot. It was freezing out there like a good 2 to 3 degrees but no one offered a jacket or lifted a finger to K who was only in a thin business jacket with no insulation whatsoever. I went back to my car, grabbed my 1 and only winter jacket and offered it to K whom had no idea what was going on. H took off so KC and I were disussing what to do with K. Since H left K in my trust before taking off and I asked KC to help out, KC took K into K's car and told me to wait. I barely know KC but what seems like K was clearly "ok" talking to KC, I told KC that I would go back into the party to wait since it was freezing cold outside. I SPECIFICALLY told him to inform me if he decides to move out since H left K in my care, I deemed responsible for it.

When I came back out into the carpark lot some 15 minutes later, K's car was gone, presumably with K and KC in it! "FUCKED!" I said as the situation was now becoming rather tense. Firstly, K had my jacket presumably with my house keys in it though it was my fault for being nice and offering my jacket without checking. Second, K was very intoxicated and I barely know KC. "Oh boy this is getting bad" I thought as I filled my fist with rage ready to strike KC for ignoring my specifically simple instructions. If something bad were to happen, I really don't know how to explain to H who entrusted me with such a simple task and yet I screwed it up. I called KC and the line went thru but was clearly cut deliberately halfway. Then the phone was off and I couldn't get thru...I was desperate and I went to seek others who might know K's no. They called and the phone was again off...I began to panic and feared the worst as the trust for KC's aquaintance began to crumble like tumbling blocks.

Together with 2 other fellow friends, we waited and called them on irregular intervals, poked around others who where sleeping in their beds 2am in the morning for information but to no avail. Though not violent by nature, I could feel my tolerance vanishing and angst boiling. In the end after like 90 minutes had passed, I took off in my car afraid that I would really rain punches on KC. I was back outside my house and THANK GOD I had my house key in the car instead of the jacket but still I was raging like a demon. 4am in the morning, KC called me and apologized for what had happened. He said K was feeling bad and he took K for a drive and had off the phone since it was late and he was discussing some pretty serious issues with K. Like I cared anyway but they were back at the parking lot with my jacket. Not to mess the shitty situation any further, I opted to meet KC the next day for my jacket. Then K called me and apologised for everything but seeing that K was fine and everything was just my wild imagination, I chose to let everything rest despite still being pissed.

Shooting stars, misunderstandings, angst, apologies, etc...with 2009 coming to an end, what exactly is the universe or God trying to relate? I am not a prophet so what does all these really mean? A test? An omen? WHAT?!

Have been plagued by misfortunes recently, both me and people around me...does it really mean that if I do not die in a misfortune, I will be very lucky? I doubt so in such superstitions...I look forward to a new beginning, a new dawn, a new direction...

No comments: