Friday, July 10, 2009

Fireflies' Painting

- Never Stop Dreaming -

A while ago I was at this place, 辰野ホタル公園 (Tatsuno Firefly Park) near Suwa City in Nagano Prefecture. Though at that time I was only like a week away from throwing away almost SGD$3700 for a new camera, nonetheless the old one (KissDigitalX/400D) did served me well with a modded TC-80N remote. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my current cam except that I just wanted to explore the vid capabilities of the new cam at the expense of a lot of money of course.

So there I was trying to swipe those irritating tiny flies buzzing around my face. But being surrounded by many other menacing photographers, it was only natural that I peeked at their gear. My huge ego was at play but at least the expensive lens mounted on my camera lifted me up in the hierarchy a little despite using an entry level 3 year old camera. After all it's the skillz and the photos taken that counts in the end but still I succumbed to the ugly side of envy.

All that squabbles aside, here are 2 pictures from that day. I collected about 50 odd lens' food before my camera juice became totally drained. Why only 50 you might ask...well each photo was taken with a shutter speed of about 3 to 5 minutes with no flash used. Edited the white balance in LR2 and stacked a series of photos together to merge into 1 solid art piece in CS3 extended.

Enjoy nature's very own light painting done in the magnificent bioluminescence of the fireflies...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi.can i use this picture as an inspiration for my Architecture Design Studio? Can I also have ur name please? Cheers, Azy.

小郎 said...

Sure...drop me an email

lord.daniel.san@gmail.com