Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What more camera stuffs AGAIN?!

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Ha...yes that's so right. I can't seem to distant myself from getting cosy with camera related news, updates, prices, stockpile, etc. Can't be help since I will be dropping a huge A Bomb amount of cash on the 5Dmk2 soon. While checking out the various lens prices, I am also keeping track of the price fluctuation of the 5Dmk2. While the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is usually super expensive because that's the price set by the company and sometimes, absent-minded consumers might just fall for it altogether. The price that I am actually trailing is the street price to be exact...this price actually fluctuates over time and it reflects the supply and demand of the consumer. So it would be most advisable to buy it at the lowest possible.

In fact the price of the 5Dmk2 was declining steadily over the months until Canon officially confirm the release of the much disputed firmware update to manually control the settings on the vid functions. With that piece of anvil-weighted news, the demands of the 5Dmk2 have suddenly took an adverse sharp spike up. This probably propelled the street price to move upwards since the sudden surge in demand will exceed the current supply. Of course if you plot the economic equilibrium chart, when demand exceeds supply, price will increase. While I do hope that the sudden demand will even out over time to decrease the price further, the mentality of all those advocates and converts of the 5Dmk2 are hard to predict with any degree of certainty.

Right now I can only hope for the price to fall further or alternatively I could visit the shops and offer to purchase an X amount of 5Dmk2 so that they will lower the price. Either way I am still getting it way cheaper than it will be in SG simply because the 5Dmk2 is made in Japan (free of lead and melamine of course!). It will be a while before I actually go get them but I can say most of my daily routine have been inevitably filled with anything that have either direct or indirect linkage to the 5Dmk2. It's in my dreams, it's in my food, it's in my eyes, it's here, there and everywhere. It's getting pretty crazy expanding all usable energy.

Then there was a piece of news from my fellow teachers that coming near Summer, there will be fantastic places to catch fireflies dance in the evenings and painting streaks of golden lines late into the night. Wow....I am all os excited.

Here are 2 lenses that I have currently set my eyes on. The EF70-200mm F2.8L IS USM for longer reach and telephotos, subject isolation and bokeh and sniping innocent targets. But this massive beast will have to wait because the price tag slapped on it is hefty too. Next is at the lower end of the spectrum, the ultra wide angle EF17-40mm F4.0L for fantastic landscape and scenematic magic. Since I do not need specific subject isolation or creamy bokeh for wide angles, this baby is just right with the affordable price as well. The other sibling EF16-35mm cost 3 times as much but I doubt it's worth it since I will not be using the 2.8 for bokeh shots. Both lenses I am actually looking at the second hand market simply because I am really not intrigued for first hands at these babies. Since acquiring my first second hand EF24-70mm F2.8L wonder, I have been a little less picky due to monetary concerns.

So many things at hand at the moment but everything is about the 5Dmk2 and nothing else.

No comments: