Thursday, August 27, 2009

Past and upcoming events

- Never Stop Dreaming -

When I first got back to Japan some 1 week ago on the 17th of Aug, there were already 2 events awaiting my reply on facebook. In the end I didn't replied to both and I skipped the 1st event after some serious considerations. The first event was a BBQ cum overnight party at Nojiriko Lake in Nagano. It was about an hour odd to drive up there but quite simply I see no attractions there luring me to go. With regards to lakes, the 1st thing that come to my mind is photography. I want to bring umbrellas, strobes, stands, etc to get the perfect afternoon and dusk shot but I weren't sure if I could accomplish this feat for this particular event. I also do not have the necessary models for this event as well since I am pretty picky about them.

The next event that I am actually contemplating over now is the one that requires me to HIKE up Mt. Fuji. The reasons that are urging me to go are my camera gears and myself while the reasons that are urging me NOT to go are my flabby condition and the lack of proper shoes. The last hike 2 years ago up Mt. Asama, I took my Altama Desert boots up and ended up with blisters on my toes and heels so I am not really sure if I would want to do it again. I am really enthusiasic about this hike...might wanna do some time lapse photography up there as well...so I might be hauling up some pretty nifty gears.

(UPDATE!) I have just RSVP to this event on facebook and there is a high chance that I might go.

The next 2 on the lists are the drive to Gunma and visit the actual Initial D places and the drive to Niigata to witness the beaches...

Wish me luck and God bless.

No comments: