Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another victim falls prey...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Yes...another victim whom I know personally had recently fallen prey to this highly demanding both financially and time consuming, lavish hobby of photography. He had got himself a Canon 500D which is 2 models from the one where I started almost 3 years back. A great camera to start out I would say and this new baby even feature HD vid recording and live view which were concepts of the distant future when I started years back. Nonetheless I am more than glad that he had jumped onto the bandwagon of the Canon system since the prices of DSLRs are becoming more affordable as compared to the past. This makes the photography more viable to the masses and not restricted just to the Pros. However, this also makes the photograhy circle more crowded and thus generating more competition in the industry as a whole. Look at it in a good way and one will probably improve one's skills to keep up. Look at it in a negative way and one will start hating the newbies and lashing out harsh critics.

Afterall photography is a never ending learning experience. With such an instrument of precision engineering, anyone can take pictures even in the hands of a kid, noob or amateur. It's the perspective and composition of the pictures and the way it is being processed after it is taken that seperates the levels of mastery between the new kid on the block or the wise elder.

Since I am on the Canon system, of course I will rejoice when someone else joins me in the ranks. This might sound a little silly and naive but it's simply an assurance from that someone that I had picked the right system. Silly yeah but hey every system is as good so it's all about individual preferences in the end.

Watching the picture slide show of this fellow comrade, I am indeed impress by his pictures. These coming out from a damn good entry level camera and him makes me jealous. Jealous because I felt that I wasn't anywhere as close to him when I first started...I am a perfectionist so when I get discounted usually by myself, I will feel sore but it's all me, just me.

Now that I know I have one more fellow comrade back home, I am really enthusiasic to go on a shooting spree in the future with him, or anyone else who might join along the way. Expensive high end hobby it might be but the pictures seems to justify every cent spent.

Go forth and seek the perfect light my friend...

No comments: