Tuesday, May 19, 2009

At the expense of Nano Killers

- Never Stop Dreaming -

With less than 48 hours to go, I am pretty much all set to embark on my journey down south mentally. Will get everything together tonight and yes that means re-formatting the already formatted card, re-juicing the already charged cells and cleaning all the necessary equipment that I will be subjecting myself to. This is one chance in a life time event that I was graciously invited so I have to make sure I do everything to secure a safe journey there and back. However these are simply trivial issues within my grasp which I have full control over. It's the other nano issues that I have no control over that I am pretty much concern with.

The Swine Flu...Boo Hoo! Lunch conservations amongst the teachers had left me with nothing short of advices and tips for a safe journey. Besides I really do not want to be in the news for being the first foreigner to carry the virus over here to my prefecture...no no no. Unglamorous and definitely not my style...I was advised to wear a mask to keep the virus out but those thin flimsy paper toys that most Japanese are donning are nothing more than a fashion statement. I am not spared either because with such short time available, I cannot possible fly in my 3M half-face graffiti mask though I would love to have that since the multiple layers of litmus paper will keep me safe. But then I wouldn't want to be arrested in Tokyo for being some new age Sarin Gas Pepertrator.

Not sure how potent this viral contamination is headed but as far as I know, it does spread pretty fast but possesses a far less fatility rate as compared to SARS but we all know that that was due to CHINA being SLOW in responding to it and shoving crucial information under the carpet. Anyway I ain't taking any chances so it's the thin almost non functional mask that I will don for the wedding. Sure reminds me of being a cosplay wannabe but such masks are pretty common in Japan.

No comments: